Epilogue

"I got in!" Rob looked up from the letter. He beamed at everyone sitting at the table.

His mother jumped up and wrapped her arms around him. "I knew you'd get accepted." She kissed him on the cheek. "This calls for a celebration. KFC and a goblet of wine." Sheila rubbed Linc on the head as she skipped to get a glass. "What will you have little man? Coke?"

"Yes please." Linc laughed and looked over at Rob. "Does this mean you get to fly one of those big jet fighters?"

"Not straight up, but hopefully, if I do well in the course. It takes about four years to get to that level and out of the twenty who got accepted this year only five will get to be proper fighter pilots."

Michael sat back with a smile on his face watching his son tell Linc all about the steps he'd have to take to reach his goal. He glanced at Becky. She was smiling but her face had drained of colour. Mike had been afraid this was going to happen.

When Rob decided he wanted to be a fighter pilot for the Australian Air Force he doubted very much that Becky would get into a university near to the air force bases to study forensic science as she wanted. He had to ask the question to ease the anxious look on her face. "Where will you be based?"

Rob looked excitedly at his father, and then back at the letter. "Sale, in Victoria to start with. Then Perth or Darwin by the looks." His face dropped. Rob quickly looked over at Becky.

"That's so wonderful, Rob." Becky giggled to hide her grief. "It's going to be cold in winter in Victoria and scorching hot summers in Darwin. I'll just be cold all the time in Adelaide."

She had been accepted into Flinders University in South Australia. A completely different state to where Rob would be based. She'd had a feeling this was going to happen even though there was an air force base not far from Adelaide. Thinking they were going to be separated was completely different to knowing they were going to be separated.

"You better let me have a glass of that wine, Sheila." Becky laughed again and added, "I just need the loo." She pushed her chair away from the table and ran up the stairs.

The room went silent. Linc looked from Michael to Sheila, and then focused on Rob. "She's gonna miss you kissing her all the time, you know?"

"Yeah, mate. I know." Rob stood up. "This has got to be the best and worst day of my life." He took the stairs two at a time.

*****

If you'd like to continue Rob and Becky's life journey please follow their story  in The Mice Do Play - Young Adult - Book Two in the Black Series. Becky and Rob are off to University.  Can their love survive? Completed.

If you like my work below is a list of my other novels and two short stories that I have on Wattpad.

Stolen - Historical Fiction. An orphaned girl. A young duke. Each fighting to survive their circumstances in the 1830's. She is taken in by a wealthy family. He is striped of everything and taken into slavery by Barbary Coast pirates. From the first day they meet, their lives are forever connected. Work in progress.

The Evolution of Rohan Wayland - Dark Contemporary/Crime/Whodunit. An abused man, a murder. Who is really the victim? Completed.

Children of Toil - Wattys short-listed 2021 - Historical Fiction 
Lucan Hayes, a coal miner, loses his wife in childbirth.
Meg-Anne Dunn, a prostitute struggles to improve her life.
Both immigrate to Australia and battle the harsh environment until love brings them together. Completed.

Twenty-Three HundredDystopian – A bomb. A virus. It's the end of the world as we know it. Can love change the future? Completed.

The Mice Do Play - Young Adult - Book Two in the Black Series.
Becky and Rob are off to University. Can their love survive? Completed.

Bell Ringer - Dark Contemporary - An abused girl is abducted by a stranger. Will her life ever be the same? Completed.

Chains To Freedom - Historical Fiction - Based in (Van Diemen's Land) Tasmania, Australia in 1840. A young girl is transported for a crime she did not commit. Will the handsome Louis come to her rescue? Completed.

Shifted – This book is marked as General Fiction but it's really a Teen Fiction story laced with truth. Charlie, the main character's brother is killed and she loses herself to sorrow. A teenage boy changes her life. Completed.

Liberty – Science Fiction - Short story with four chapters. Silla is thrust into a rebellion but finds more than freedom. Completed.

Desire - Romance - Short story. One chapter. A love story with a twist. Completed.

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

I thank you so much for respecting the time and effort it has taken me to write it and therefore not stealing it. ♥♥ You will be truly blessed for doing the right thing and condemned to hell if you do the wrong thing.

Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting. ♥♥♥

BLACK CAT IS A REGISTERED WORK.

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review. This book is a work of fiction. Some places are real. All characters and incidents are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblances to actual events or persons, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.