120 - Meaningless Title

Days gone by and not once did the Prince left Juyi and my side. My legs have weaken so it was difficult for me to walk. The Prince had kept me inside the bedroom to recover. I didn't mind the confinement because Juyi was with me. In the beautiful wooden baby bassinet, Juyi fell asleep while I watched over him. The sweet baby held onto my finger as he slept peacefully.

"Ruyi"

The Prince had left moments ago when Jumao reported that the Emperor's personal eunuch had came with a decree. I had watched him go with a cold expression on his face and watched him returned with an even colder expression.

So many days had passed and the Prince did not leave the estate to go to the royal court. I had heard from Jumao that the royal family had sent many gifts. But every single gift was returned by the Prince's orders.

The Prince was angry.

Although I didn't know what exactly happened, I understood that I was poisoned in the Empress' palace. The Prince's fury must be due to that reason.

"Ruyi, why aren't you eating?"

The Prince lifted me from the bed and carried me to the table where several plates of food were spread out. It took a lot of effort to look away from the bassinet, but the Prince's firm expression had me look at the table.

"The baby will be fine. Now eat"

Food. It was difficult for me to consume them.

"Don't be afraid" The Prince touched the back of my head. "From now on, no one but our people will prepare your meals"

I watched quietly as the Prince gathered some lotus roots and fish into my bowl.

"Go on"

In silence, I did the best I could to eat. Only after I finish the small bowl of rice, the Prince carried me back to the bed. I had wanted to watch over the baby, but the Prince laid me down before he reached into the bassinet for Juyi. The Prince understood that I wanted to be close to our baby so he laid the sleeping Juyi beside me.

"Jian"

I called for him and he laid down behind me, holding onto my waist and pressing his warm body to my back.

"Jian..." I spoke softly while I touched Juyi's cheek. "Is it fine that Jian does not to go court?"

For the Emperor's personal eunuch to come with a degree, I figured the Emperor wanted the Prince back in court.

"I'm not leaving you"

The arms tightened around my body while I felt his lips against the back of my neck and hair.

"Once you're well again, we will leave Wu Xi"

Startled, I wanted to look at him. The Prince felt my movement and laid me on my back.

"We will find a place to raise our son" The Prince touched my cheek while looking into my eyes. "A quiet place for us..."

"Jian's family is here"

"You're the only family I need"

"Jian..."

I didn't want the Prince to leave his home because of me. Wu Xi was the place he was born and raised. This father had fought for his country. His roots was here. His child - Juyi belonged here.

"What did Emperor decree?"

The Prince's mood must stem from the decree.

"A meaningless title"

Confused, I looked up into the Prince's eyes.

"He named our child"

I waited for him to continue.

"Prince Wu Long Xing, 1st Rank Prince" He placed a hand on my cheek as he said coldly. "And you, Princess Quan Yi are now Wu Xi's 1st Rank Princess"

Despite the bestowed title, there was no joy in the Prince's eyes. All I saw was resentment.