122 - Confront

Meanwhile deep within the Wu Xi grand palace, Princess Wu Ting is crying before her mother. For days now, all Madam Muyang seen was her daughter's tears. Her usually bright eyes are now swollen and red from grievance.

The Crown Prince of Buxi had arrived that morning, solidifying the marriage agreement between the two country. The wedding date was finalized. Princess Jin Wu Ting will depart with Prince Shuang Ming in the next three days.

"Mother... I rather die than leave"

"Ting-Ting, don't speak so foolishly"

"Mother, what should I do then?"

No matter how much she had begged or cried, the Empress refused her request to dissolve the marriage arrangement. The Empress was unyielding to her tears and pleading.

"Mother, why is she still alive?" Wu Ting cried sadly. "Why is that child still alive?"

Before Madam Muyang could answer, a palace maid rushed.

"Princess, his highness Prince Wu Jian is_"

"Jian-ge?"

Wu Ting only heard the name of her beloved and stood with a bright tearful smiles. She had completely missed the terrified and panicked expression on the palace maid's face.

"Jian-ge!"

When Prince Wu Jian appeared, Wu Ting ran up to him with opened arms.

"Ting-Ting!"

Wu Ting had been so blinded by Wu Jian's sudden appearance that she completely missed the sword in his hand. If her mother didn't grabbed her back, the sword would have impaled her body.

"What's the meaning of this Prince Jian?" Madam Muyang quickly pushed Wu Ting behind her. "To come into the princess' private quarter unannounced like this."

Wu Jian cold, murderous eyes spoke for itself.

"W_ what is your intention?" Madam Muyang shuttered in fear.

"Did you think you could get away with harming my Wang Fei?"

His voice was calm but it caused Wu Ting and Madam Muyang blood to freeze.

"J_Jian-ge" Wu Ting stepped out from behind her mother and spoke with a hurtful expression. "Jian-ge, what are you saying? Ting doesn't understand_"

"I didn't come here to see you act." He glared. "And I don't need to hear your confession. Today, you both will die"

"Ting-Ting!"

Madam Muyang screamed at the lift of Wu Jian's sword.