| 7 |

I had options; I had a lot of options.

You have a whole bunch of options if you wanna get away from someone you do not want to be with. But it becomes difficult when deep inside, your mind wants to know what changed that person. It becomes difficult when you remember things about that person you had forgotten. And you want to know what they do, where they live, how they are. If they still care about you. More importantly, why they are back in your life after visibly showing how they did not want to be associated with you? But then again, if you have a peaceful life which you positively do not want to disturb. You run.

That's why I did not run but walked away. Fast.

I turned around and speed off walking as he called me, walking after me, but I was fast. Crossing the road and walking away. He did the same. But I tried to be smarter, I tried to cross the road again. I did not look, getting off the footpath and getting on the road to walk on the other side and all I heard was a loud honk which made me flinch.

And I was suddenly pulled back into his cement hard chest, I stumbled back as his hand wrapped around my waist and held my hand preventing a harsh fall. He turned me around, his hand which was around my waist holding my elbow and he jerked me back in reality.

"Goddammit Isla! what the fuck are you doing?"

"Getting away from you. I don't wanna bring bad luck in my life again"

His expression said it all. He was annoyed, to say the least, but his hand made sure not to let go of me.

"You think I am bad luck? Then you must be something worse"

I look to my side, avoiding his gaze. He was right, I was a stroke of bad luck myself. I felt bad for doing that, but everything was different now, I was scared of associating with him again. After all, that happened. After all, I went through, I was tired. I did not want to remember the murder or the man who did it. Jaxson play no role in it, but it was my fault, It's always my fault.

"Just get in the car Isla"

I didn't need to answer. He dragged me inside the car which had turned around and stood right beside us. He said nothing. When we arrive at the gates of the house, I opened the door and stepped out closing it behind me. I did not spare him a glance but walked inside. My mother asked me if I was okay, but I gave a vague response before walking upstairs and falling on my bed.

***

"So.. what do you think about it?"

Dad looked at me for a second before answering, his face held a known look. He knew I was going to move out eventually but not so soon and here I was showing him my certificate and asking whether I could move out. My parents were very paranoid understandably after all that happened but I did not want to burden them. I want to start my own life, stop living under my own shadows

"Are you sure about this?"

I nodded. He gave me a tight smile and slap the certificate on the table nodding.

" Well I am very proud of you I just want you to be safe and I'll be there for you if you need me just let me know when you will leave. And, I will help you get settled"

I kissed his cheek and thank them both before leaving the house. I stare across the road searching for Jackson but he wasn't there today. I smiled knowing well that I would be getting away from him but somewhere in my deepest thoughts, I knew that my life would never be the same after meeting him. And that became true soon enough.

I accepted the job it was far but it was worth it.

***

I was on my phone, walking towards my college when I felt that underwhelmed feeling at the pit of my stomach again. I closed my eyes and sigh looking back without turning my body. There he was, in his black gorgeous car, that jaguar was worth more than my organs if there were sold. I am pretty sure he must have gotten it from his father. 

I snap out of my thoughts as that beautiful car rolls up behind me and he stares at me. I raised my eyebrows and stare down at him. I knew not to play with fire but I am a Leo myself. I see him sigh through the half-tinted windows and he gets out closes his car door and walks toward me. He was wearing brown trousers and a hoodie. 

Yes, It was chilly, in fact, I had a hoodie on myself with a full-sleeved top. But I suddenly felt like the temperature suddenly rose a few degrees. I gulp unable to speak as he walked up to me and looked around to see if anyone was around. 

"What? checking if you can kidnap me ?" 

He chuckled taking a packet of cigars and lighting one up. 

"You still-" I stopped myself. 

I didn't believe I still cared. He looked at me, his long eyes lashes mocking my eyes as mine just fall to the ground intimidated by his stare. I could feel that subtle hint of a smirk on his lips as he stared at me. 

"Yes, I still do Isla. What are you doing today? I need to speak to you" 

I lift up my head and give him my best-unintrested look. 

"I have classes till 2-" 

"Yes, I know, From 8. It's 7:45. So you better hurry up and answer me. I will pick you up after your classes" 

My mouth stayed hung open like every other idiot's. He knew. He knew everything about me. 

"No- actually I go to some other classes after these, I have an exam coming up-" 

"You already had your exams, I'm pretty sure your professors must be giving out internship opportunities and you don't go to any other classes." 

"You stalker!" 

He rolled his eyes. 

"I just did a google search on your yearly outline you dumbfuck" 

My laugh just rolled out like this was something so natural for him to say. Something he used to say back then when I- 

"Stop it" I told myself. But he thought it was for him. 

His eyes furrowed together as I bite my inner cheek and breath out. 

"Stop acting like everything is back to normal." 

He breathes out looking to the other side of the streets and sighs, the puff passing by my face as I watch his nearly disappointed face. 

"It's never been normal Isal-"

Don't call me by my name like that -

"It was never normal for us ever since we met. And it's never gonna be normal for us now that here we are. It's natural for me to find the small 'nearly normal' things I have been left with and cherish them" 

"What are you, Shakespeare? Stop it"

But somewhere inside I knew what he meant. It was never normal for us. So we cling to the only normal things we had. And now that I am back at it. Remembering, and realizing It just hurts even more. 

[not edited]

***

If you wish to read the old version of this book you can find it on Dreame under Title [ All His]