20: Back to Reality

Lisa's POV

She woke up a few minutes after four o'clock not because of her usual reason, but because of the silent mutters echoing inside her dimly-lit bedroom. She easily opened her eyes and looked at the guy beside her.

"I didn't mean to do it," his hoarse voice reached her ears again. Unlike when they fell asleep last night ㅡ where he was hugging her from behind ㅡ now, his back was facing her and she could see his hand tightly fisting the blanket they're sharing.

"Kook-ah," she whispered worriedly, reaching out to rub his tense shoulder.

"I was just playing," he muttered again, making her heart sink at how vulnerable he sounded.

She slid closer to him, "Kook? What's the matter?" She kissed his shoulder and used her elbows to raise her upper body so she could take a look on his face. To her surprise, he found his eyes still closed with a frown marring his handsome face. He's having a dream? A nightmare?

"Was it really my fault?" He asked with a defeated sigh before his breathing turned frantic, Lisa's eyes widened in worry. "I was gonna giveㅡ"

"Shh... baby," she whispered, trying to calm him down. She gently pushed his shoulder so he could lie on his back and face her. She showered little kisses on his face while uttering soothing words. "It's not your fault Kook," she muttered. She had no idea what he was talking about, but she felt like he needed to hear those words.

She hugged him and he automatically hugged her back with his face buried on her neck. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it," he whispered again.

She kissed the top of his head, "I know." Absentmindedly, she started humming the 4AM tune. She slowly felt Jungkook's shoulders relax as he went back to his peaceful slumber. She waited a few minutes until she was sure he's in deep sleep again before carefully removing his arms around her and sitting up.

Memories from last night flooded back in her mind causing her cheeks to heat up. She was further reminded of their... late-night activities by the sore spot between her thighs. But it was rather a pleasant pain though she knew she won't be able to walk comfortably later.

She picked up Jungkook's black shirt from the carpeted floor and casually slipped it on before getting a new pair of panties from her drawer. Then she quietly walked out of the room to prepare breakfast.

●○●○

'I know someone who always wakes up at dawn too.'

She remembered Taehyung telling her when they coincidentally met at the park. It was Kook, she thought. Was it because of that bad dream? If I wasn't there beside him earlier, he'll wake up for sure - with a foul mood. She instantly felt bad for him, just imagine waking up alone from a nightmare.

What was the nightmare about then? Was he blamed for a sin he didn't commit? It sure sounded like that. Then why was he begging for forgiveness if he didn't do it? What's with all these questions Lisa? It's the start of your midterm week remember? Focus! And flip the pancake, will you?

Her eyes widened before hurriedly flipping the said pancake ㅡ it didn't burn, fortunately. She was about to pour another round of batter on the pan, when a pair of arms snaked around her waist making her jump in surprise.

"You startled me!" She complained, nearly whacking Jungkook's arm with the spatula.

"Someone stole my shirt," he uttered in between his kisses on Lisa's neck. "But it turns out it suited her more," he added, making her smile.

"Well, can I have it then?" She asked, switching off the stove before putting the last pancake on the stack and turning to face him. "I love your shirt, it smells good and it's very comfy," she quipped putting her arms atop his shoulders.