67: Love and Hate (Part 2)

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year. This chapter is a bit late but I've been enjoying my time off, relaxing and not working on University work. Anyhoo, I plan to get chapters out more often. I will still take breaks and hiatus's when I'm really busy. I plan to make this a great year and it starts with this first chapter of 2018.

On with the chapter!

<3
--------------------
PREVIOUSLY...

"Who are you?!" Ivy demanded. "I am Ace!" The woman replied angrily. As soon as she said her name, a lightning bolt struck the ground in front of Ivy, causing her to fly up in the air a few feet then crash back down. "Red!" Harley screamed. Harley stood up and took a few steps forward but was knocked down by a flash of light from Ace. "This is far from over... You will pay, and so will this entire city!" Ace stated darkly. She then rose up from the ground and slowly flew away, leaving Harley and Ivy down and out cold on the ground...

----------

A woman stormed out of the restaurant and stopped with her arms crossed. A man closely followed her and stood behind her. "Babe, I'm sorry!" He said. "You're sorry, you're sorry! You are always sorry but you never listen! How are we supposed to be together if your brother is staying with us! It's been months!" The woman yelled. "He's lost everything!" The man argued. "That's his fault! He shouldn't have cheated on his ex!" She told him. "Can we talk about this calmly?" He mumbled. "No!" She relied. "Then what do you suggest!?" He yelled. "May I suggest something?" A voice asked. The couple looked up and their eyes widened in horror. "Death!" Ace stated with a sinister smirk. Suddenly, a lightning bolt struck them, disintegrating them where they stood. Ace laughed distortedly as the lighting reflected in her eyes. Ace then stopped and slowly rose up higher until she was higher than all the buildings. "Hear me Gotham City! A storm is coming and it will show no mercy!" Ace announced for the whole of Gotham to hear.

Her mind was fuzzy, her whole body ached. All she could see was black. She slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes were blurry and couldn't make out her surroundings. After blinking slowly a few times, her vision improved. Once her vision was clear, she slowly started to get up. Her eyes widened. "Red!" Harley cried. Harley stumbled as she stood up. Rumbles of thunder could be heard in the distance. Harley ran over to Ivy and knelt beside her. She moved a strand of Ivy's hair. Ivy didn't stir. Harley looked up and around at her surroundings before seeing the green house. Harley looked down at Ivy and carefully scooped her up and carried her to the green house.

"Christie? Christie?!" Harley called urgently as she entered the green house. "Harley?" Christie replied. Christie then ran over to Harley and gasped when she saw Ivy. "Sis!" Christie exclaimed. "She's okay, just unconscious" Harley informed her. Harley carefully placed her down as Christie knelt beside her. "Could you tend to her, I gotta go" Harley said. "Go? Go where?! Your best friend needs you!" Christie demanded, looking up at Harley. "I have to go" Harley replied. Christie then realised what she meant. "Harley, no. This woman is too powerful! She'll kill you!" Christie cried, standing up and facing Harley. "I-I know... But I have too. I can't explain right now, I have to go. Look after her!" Harley replied, giving her a quick smile before running out the green house. Christie sighed worriedly as she looked back at Ivy.

Panic. Nothing but panic swept throughout Gotham. People were running, screaming and shouting as they tried to avoid all the lightning bolts striking in random places on the streets. Ace was hovering above, laughing coldly as she kept on throwing bolt after bolt of lightning. "Where the hell are the super heroes?! They are supposed to help us!" A police officer yelled as he took cover with a few other officers. "There all on an important mission!" Another replied. "All of them?!" The first officer yelled. "All the superheroes that are within a fifteen mile radius of Gotham are all away!" The second officer replied. "Then who the hell is gonna save Gotham!?" The first officer shouted as he looked over at Ace causing chaos and destruction.