76: Idea

Hey everyone! So I've been wanting to do another chapter like this for a while now; a chapter where I focus more on real life problems and issues in the LGBTQ community. This chapter is dedicated to all those whom are scared or frightened to come out to their loved ones. If this chapter is able to help in any way then I am glad. If you would like to talk further then feel free to message me.

On with the chapter!

<3
--------------------
"Hey girls" Christie greeted, entering the living room and sat down across from them. "Hey!" The pair replied with smiles. "I want to talk to you two about something and ask you if you would be interested in doing something that would be super amazing for some students at the college" Christie revealed. "Interesting" Ivy said, moving forward slightly to take in what Christie had to say. "What is it?!" Harley asked eagerly, equally intrigued with what Christie was going to say.

"Well, like I said; It's about some of the students. You two are a couple. As you know, being in a relationship with the same sex is something that is a bit of a touchy subject in the world. Thankfully, things are changing. It's becoming more and more accepted which is amazing. Obviously, it's a shame that not everyone accepts the LGBT community. Some people are absolutely horrible, acting violent to those who are open about their sexuality. Because of this, well... there are a lot of people who like the same gender but are too scared to come out because of the hate crimes or because of what they think loved ones will think about them. They shouldn't have to live in a world like that. But they do. I know some students at the college who are too scared to come out. I was wondering... If you two could set up a session where you talked to those who are too scared to come out? I don't know if it'll work or help in any way. But I think it's important that you try" Christie explained.

Ivy looked at Harley. "I-I don't know. I mean, I am fully accepting of it but... I don't know If we should do it?" Ivy said, looking back at Christie. "Sis, I understand... But the thing is, there are so many people in the world that are too scared to reveal that part of them. They need someone to talk too. To tell them that it's okay to love whoever they want. Love isn't just something that has to have certain rules on who you can and can't love. It's universal. You talking to a group of students whom are too scared to come out could and can do so much good. And, if it helps just one of them, then you'll know that it was worth it. You will know that you helped them do something they were too scared to do" Christie pointed out.

Ivy nodded, thinking deeply. She stared at the floor for a few moments before looking at Harley. "This is a joint decision... What do you think Harl?" Ivy asked. "Well... Since I left Arkham and you took me in, I promised myself that I would do the right things. I would be good. Do good... Finally, I have that chance" Harley began. She placed her hand on top of Ivy's. "We both have that chance" Harley added, smiling slightly. Ivy nodded and smiled. She then looked at Christie. "We'll do it" Ivy said, making Christie smile widely.

The following day, Christie managed to set up a session in the afternoon. Harley and Ivy stood outside the classroom. They were nervous. Well, Ivy was more nervous. She peaked inside and saw the students. There were only about eleven. However, she was taken aback by how quiet they were. In fact, it was the quietness from them that struck her the most. She could tell that they were nervous too. Scared in fact. Harley and Ivy nodded at each other and entered the room. The eyes from the students fell onto the pair, which made Ivy a little nervous. But she kept calm. This was big. Even though she was open about her relationship with Harley, she wasn't the sort of person to brag or show off her relationship with Harley. But she knew this wasn't about her, it was about them. The students in the room were scared and they needed help.

Ivy straightened up and cleared her throat slightly. "Hello everyone, thank you all for coming. My name is Pamela and this is Harley. We are a couple and have been together for nearly two years" Ivy began. No one said anything. This made the room feel uncomfortable. Ivy didn't say anything. She didn't know what to say. "We're gonna be truthful" Harley spoke up, surprising Ivy. "We don't know what to say or do to help you all. All of you are here because you are scared to tell others that you love someone of the same sex. You're scared of how others may react. Your friends, your family... The thing is you need to remember is you are not at fault. There isn't anything wrong with you. The heart wants what the heart wants. You all love someone of the same gender; some of you probably have a crush on someone. And that is amazing. But what's holding you back are other people. Other people are preventing you to come out. I know it's scary. I know you are terrified. But the truth is, you can't hide that part of you away. It's who you are. It defines you. You cannot go through life, keeping that part of you a secret. That is not fair on you. You have a right to love who ever. Whether if it's your friends or family, if they care about you and love you. Then it doesn't matter, you tell them. There are people who can and will support you. All you have to do is be strong" Harley stated. The speech surprised Ivy. But at the same time, she was proud of Harley. For the first time ever, Harley had shown a side to her that Ivy had never seen before. And she loved it...
--------------------

I tried to make this chapter more meaningful than usual. It's no secret that Harley and Ivy is an LGBTQ couple. From time to time, I want to write a chapter that's more meaningful and can hopefully help any of you in any way.

Not sure if there will be a new chapter next week. I may take a little break. Keep a check on my account and on Instagram for updates on new chapters and if I decide to take a break.

Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. If you can, please do follow me on Instagram; link is down below or search: jakewales97. My profile picture is the same as on Wattpad. I post behind the scenes and updates. If you have any questions or want advise etc, feel free to message me through Wattpad or Instagram. Post your thoughts about this chapter in the comments below.

My Wattpad Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/jakewales97/?hl=en

Next chapter is titled: 'One Stormy Day'. See you all next time!