80: Stand Tall

Hey everyone! I want to point something out before we get into this chapter. I do understand that the feel of these later chapters feel somewhat different to the earlier chapters. This is mainly due to change and where I've decided to go with this fanfic. I do seem to focus more on the story aspect whereas I use to focus more on the characters and them in specific situations. I understand if you feel as though this fanfiction has ran its course or isn't as good as it use too. I keep on trying to make the chapters as good as possible and recently, I have felt that I've lost it a little which is partly why the release of new chapters have been lacking. Although, I want to push forward and release the chapters I have planned out. Hopefully I can redeem myself before this fanfic eventually ends. For those who have been around for a while, I truly thank you for your patience and understanding. As well as sticking by this fanfiction and I hope you enjoy what I have planned for future chapters.

On with the chapter!

<3
--------------------

Ivy yawned and got out of bed. She noticed Harley wasn't in bed. 'Huh, she must have got up early' Ivy thought to herself. She found Harley at the kitchen table, eating some cereal. "Morning Harl" Ivy said. Harley didn't reply. "Uh, earth to Harley?" Ivy smiled, waving her hand a little to gain her attention. "Oh, sorry red" Harley replied. Ivy could tell something was a bit off. But before Ivy could say anything else, Christie entered the kitchen. "Morning girls" Christie greeted groggily as she went over to the counter to make herself a coffee. "So, what are you working on today?" Ivy asked Harley. "I dunno" Harley replied with a shrug. "Do you want me to pick you up when you finish?" Ivy added. "Uhm... Yeah sure" Harley answered. Ivy looked over at Christie whom shrugged and took a sip of her drink. Ivy went and prepared her breakfast. Harley finished her cereal and left the kitchen after placing her bowl in the sink.

"Sis?" Ivy half whispered shortly after Harley left the room. "Yeah?" Christie replied. "Could you... Keep an eye on her today? I-I'm not sure why but something is up" Ivy stated. "Of course, but shouldn't we talk to her?" Christie wondered. "I'm not sure honestly. Harley's life has been really complicated and rough and sometimes she has an off day. She could be having one today. Whatever it is, she knows I'm here for her" Ivy revealed. Christie nodded in response. "Just... Make sure she's okay" Ivy said softly. Christie nodded and smiled softly in reassurance.

A few hours had past. Christie was walking down a corridor of the building when she heard some voices. She paused and listened carefully. Christie couldn't make out the words but she could make out a bit of laughter. She decided to get closer to figure out who was out of their lessons. As Christie got closer, she could make out that it was a few girls and they were laughing and teasing someone. At first, Christie shrugged it off but then when she saw the group and who was the one being targeted, her eyes widened and her heart sunk. It was Harley. She was sitting with her hands covering her face as six other girls crowded round her. Suddenly, she felt her blood boil and she stormed over.

"Leave Harley alone, now!" Christie demanded angrily. "What's it to you?!" One of the girls spat back, turning to look at Christie. Now the other girls were looking at Christie. "She's family and if you don't leave her alone, I swear you will regret ever looking in her direction!" Christie stated angrily. "She could feel herself slowly getting more angrier. The girls stared at Christie for a few moments before muttering while walking away. Christie watched them until they completely disappeared. Christie took a deep breath to calm down a little and sat next to Harley. She instantly put her arm round Harley as she sobbed into Christie's shoulder. "Come on Harley, we're going home" Christie said softly after a few minutes.

The drive home was silent. Harley just stared out the window. A part of Christie wanted to say something but she felt it was best to just let Harley be and get Ivy to talk with her. She did however feel a little disappointed in herself. Christie and Harley haven't actually had one on one time together. They had hung out before but never talked about more personal stuff. Christie knew she wanted this to change. She wanted to get to know Harley some more. The pair arrived home and Christie led the way inside. "What are you two doing back home so early?" Ivy asked in confusion. Harley didn't say anything and went straight to her bedroom. Ivy looked at Christie worriedly.

"Some other girls were surrounding Harley and picking on her a little. They've been causing trouble for a while now. But Harley wasn't doing or saying anything so I had to step in" Christie revealed, biting her bottom lip. "What? That's not like Harley... She's much more independent and stands up for herself nowadays" Ivy replied in confusion and worry. "I don't know sis but... Something is seriously on her mind and now I'm worried about her as you are" Christie stated with a little sigh.

Ivy breathed softly and nodded. She then left the room and went into the bedroom. Ivy found Harley lying on the bed and facing the wall. She closed the door behind her and went over. Ivy sat on the edge of the bed and moved a strand of Harley's hair from her face. "Harley, baby... Talk to me" Ivy said softly. Harley closed her eyes tightly as she fought the tears forming in her eyes. "It... It's the anniversary today red... I didn't realise until I woke up this morning" Harley half whispered, opening her eyes and looking at Ivy with tears slowly falling down her cheeks. "Anniversary?" Ivy asked in confusion. Harley nodded and sniffed. "The anniversary of the day I... met him" Harley revealed. Ivy's eyes widened and she practically face palmed herself. It all made sense now. "The day you met The Joker" Ivy sighed. Harley only nodded as her response. "Come here baby" Ivy soothingly said as she moved around and laid down next to Harley. She had made Harley face her now. Ivy placed her hand on Harley's cheek and wiped a tear with her thumb. "I'm here Harls... Everything's going to be okay" Ivy whispered reassuringly, resting her forehead on Harley's...

--------------------

Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. Seriously loving posting again, it's fun. I'm really enjoying posting two things as well, mixes it up a little. I hope to keep this up. Do follow me on Instagram; link is down below or search: jakewales97. I post behind the scenes and updates. If you have any questions or want advice etc, feel free to message me through Wattpad or Instagram. Post your thoughts about this chapter in the comments below.

Also, check out my original FanFiction based on Luna and Sam from The Loud House, called: "You & I". That would be amazing!

My Wattpad Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/jakewales97/?hl=en

Next chapter is titled: 'You always will be my family'. See you all next time!