85: Poison (Part 2)

Hey everyone! Another chapter?! I know, this is part of the final few chapters of this fanfic so I'm going all in and making sure I give you a satisfying ending. Hope you are all ready for a wild ride!

Please check out the story I co-wrote with another Wattpad creator, MalhareSeesme. Based on the Marvel Disney+ show, Moon Knight and Nickelodeon's The Loud House. This is a Luna and Sam AU called "Moon Knight (Sam x Luna)" Show it some love by reading, voting, commenting and add it to your libraries. Here's a link to it: https://www.wattpad.com/story/311151628-moon-knight-sam-x-luna 

Anyway, on with the chapter!

<3

--------------------

Christie came out of Harley and Ivy's bedroom and ran into the front room. She picked up her phone and scrolled to Ivy's number. Just before she dialled it, Christie's phone rang. Christie's eyes widened when she saw it were Ivy. Her hands trembled as she accepted the call. "Sis, I was just about to call you" Christie began, her voice shaky. "Why? What's wrong?" Ivy replied on the other end. "It's Harley" Christie revealed, trying to fight back her tears. "We wanted to do some painting and Harley moved your plant, you know the new one that you took a sample of? Well one of the thorns punctured her hand" Christie continued.

Ivy fell silent on her end as Christie bit her bottom lip nervously. "W-what? I-Is she..." Ivy stammered in shock. "She's not doing great at all. I think the plant is poisonous" Christie told her. All of a sudden, Christie heard Harley groan in pain and she looked over at Harley. "Is that Harley?" Ivy asked quickly. Harley looked at Christie and fell to the floor. "Harley?!" Christie yelled and ran over to her, kneeling down beside her.

"What's happened?! Christie?!" Ivy shouted down the phone in a panic. "It's Harley! She just came into the room and collapsed! Pam, what do I do?! Harley can you hear me?! What should I do?! She needs help and fast sis!" Christie exclaimed as she placed her hand on Harley's cheek. Harley's eyes were closed, Christie's were filled with tears. "Shit! Christie look after her! I-I've got to get a cure and fast! Use the dark blue liquid in one of the test tubes in my bedside table. Hopefully that should stabilise her!" Ivy told Christie. "Okay but please hurry!" Christie shouted back before ending the call.

Christie quickly puts her phone back in her pocket. She slowly and carefully puts her hands under Harley and carefully lifts her. Christie carefully carries Harley back to her and Ivy's room. She places her back onto the bed before bringing the covers up to cover Harley. Christie moves a strand of Harley's hair as her eyes open to look up at her. "Christie?" Harley says weakly. "It's okay, just try to save your energy, okay?" Christie told her as Harley stared back at her. Christie quickly opened the drawer to the bedside table and saw the test tube with the liquid she was after. She closed the draw and opened the test tube before holding it up to Harley's lips. "Here, drink this" Christie instructed softly. Harley drank the liquid and coughed afterwards as Christie placed the glass tube back.

"Where's... Red?" Harley asked. "She's on her way home, she's going to make you feel better again" Christie reassured her. Harley coughed again which made Christie's expression turn to worry once again. She didn't know what to do. The only thing she knew she had to do was be beside Harley and look after her. Christie glanced over at the clock on the wall as she desperately hoped Ivy would hurry up.

Christie looked down at Harley. She looked very weak and tired as Christie sat on the edge of the bed. Harley's eyes looked at Christie. "I'm scared... Please... Talk to me about anything" Harley asked weakly. "Okay" Christie smiled softly and nodded. Christie got a little more comfortable as she smiled at Harley. "There was this one time when me and Pamela were kids and we was on a trip with mum. It was... To the museum if I remember correctly" Christie began as she smiled a little as she began to remember the memory. "That day as usual, we were driving mom crazy. I wanted to look at all the different dinosaurs. Pamela was more interested in the nature sections of the place" Christie continued.

Harley stared at Christie as she listened. Christie chuckled a little as she remembered what happened next. "For half an hour we both argued until mom gave up and dragged us out of the building. We begged to go back in but she refused. Later that day, mum had calmed down and she agreed to get us an ice cream. But when it came to choosing, me and Pamela got into another argument of course. It was silly looking back, arguing over ice cream of all things" Christie revealed as her smile slowly faded. Her face was now serious as she looked at Harley.

"Me and Pamela spent our childhood arguing and fighting over almost everything. And... No matter how many times I apologise or how many days go by where we are okay. I still regret everything I did. Everything I said. Seeing her again after all these years and making up with her, relieved me of years of built up regret and sadness. And then... Getting to know her again now and seeing her life with you... Seeing how happy she is when she's with you just filled me with warmth the day I found her again. With joy... With happiness" Christie went on as she teared up a little.

Harley blinked slowly as she listened, her eyes welling up. "Seeing my sister so happy and so in love with you has made me the happiest and proudest sister ever. You, out of everyone, have brought out the best of her. I can't thank you enough for what you have done" Christie's voice began to break a little as a lump formed in her throat as she stared down at a very weak Harley. "You... Have made Ivy's life. You have given her a life. And I know you aren't feeling the best right now but know that she needs you. Ivy needs you. And I need you too, Harley. You are a little sister to me. The most amazing little sister anyone could ask for" Christie continued as she began to sniffle and a few tears fell from her eyes.

"I know it's hard but I want you to listen to this. You hang in there, okay? You stay strong and you stay with us, you hear?" Christie said, smiling a little. Harley's eyes were filled with tears as a single tear rolled down the side of the face and fell onto the pillow. Harley slowly moved her hand on top of Christies. She smiled at Christie as her eyes filled up more with tears. They fell silent as they both tried to fight back their tears but couldn't hold it in.

As Christie's emotions got heavier on her, she moved her hand so she was holding Harley's. She raised her hand while still holding Harley's hand and pressed Harley's hand to her forehead. Christie's eyes closed tightly as she began to cry quietly. Her breaths were short and shaky, tears dripped from her closed eyes as she found it difficult to hold it together.

Christie tried to take in a couple of deep breaths to calm herself down which seemed to work. However, Harley's hand felt limp. Christie opened her eyes as Harley's hand slipped out of Christie's as it fell onto the bed beside her. Now looking at Harley, she saw that Harley's eyes were now closed. "Harley?" Christie said softly.

No response.

"Harley can you hear me?" Christie asked, her voice starting to sound a little desperate. "Come on, don't do this to me" Christie said, sounding worried and determined. Christie placed her hand on top of Harley's to get a reaction. "T-this isn't funny, come on Harley wake up" Christie said, a little more urgently as she rubbed the top of Harley's hand. Tears quickly formed in Christie's eyes as her heartbeat began to pick up. "Harley, wake up come on" Christie said a little louder as she moved her hand to Harley's shoulder. A tear rolled down Christie's cheek as she breathed out very shakily. "You have to wake up Harley, come on please" Christie practically sobbed as she shook Harley's shoulder gently.

Harley didn't say a single word or move. She didn't react at all. Her eyes remained closed. The single trail from a tear that had previously rolled down the side of her face was becoming dry. Harley just laid in the bed peacefully and motionless... 

--------------------

Well... hoped you all enjoyed this chapter? This is the second time I've left you on a cliff-hanger and I apologise. And you thought the last chapter had a shocking and emotional ending.

Please check out Moon Knight (Sam x Luna). I had an absolute blast working on this and it would mean a lot if you checked it out.

Next chapter is titled: 'Poison (Part 3)'. See you all next time!