86: Poison (Part 3)

Hey everyone! Safe to say I've made an impression with my comeback to this Fanfic! I won't bore you too long because I know you are all wanting to know what happens. I do want to thank you all for the support and love so far.

Anyway, on with the chapter!

<3

--------------------

The front door burst open and Ivy ran in, slamming the door and hurrying over to the nearest counter to set down her bag. She quickly rummaged through it desperately as she searched for something. "Pam?" Christie's voice spoke up. Ivy turned to look at her sister quickly. "How is she?" Ivy asked urgently. "She's... I-I don't know" Christie stammered. "What do you mean?" Ivy replied in greater concern. "She's not responding to me Pam. Harley is breathing but she just won't wake up!" Christie exclaimed as she cried, running a hand through her hair. "Oh no... I-I need to cure her quickly" Ivy stated, her breaths getting heavier before turning back to her bag. Christie hurried over to her. "Have you got the cure?" Christie asked.

"Yeah but it's incomplete right now" Ivy told her as she hurried over to the sofa and set her things down. "Sis, Harley needs it now" Christie said worriedly. "I-I know but I need to add one last ingredient which is here" Ivy revealed, making Christie sigh. Ivy paused and looked at Christie. "There's a problem" Ivy began with her eyes filled with tears. "What is it?" Christie replied. Ivy closed her eyes as she fought back her tears. "Pam, what?" Christie demanded urgently. Ivy opened her eyes again and looked at her sister. "There's... A chance it won't work... The cure" Ivy admitted.

Christie stared at Ivy with a stunned expression. "W-what do you mean? Of course it'll work, it has to work. Making toxins and all that shit is your thing! You have cures for everything" Christie stated. "Christie, I'm no expert. I'm not some scientist trying to cure cancer or something. They've been trying for years and years to find the answer. But no matter how hard they look and try and research, they still haven't found the cure for it! So what chance have I got in finding a cure to something I don't know about!" Ivy exclaimed, getting angrier and more upset.

The two sisters stared at each other, their faces full of emotion. "It has to work sis, it has too" Christie said softly. Ivy's expression turned sadded. "I want it to work more than anything, believe me. I can't lose Harley... But I'm scared it won't work" Ivy explained sadly. Christie moved closer to Ivy and placed her hand on Ivy's arm.

"It has to work" Christie told her. "But what if it makes her worse?" Ivy replied. "It will work sis" Christie responded, staring directly into her eyes. Ivy nodded as tears filled her eyes and she quickly wiped her eyes. "Let's hurry" Christie added as she backed away a little before hurrying back to the bedroom. Ivy took a deep breath and got to work quickly.

Christie entered the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed as Harley laid motionless. "Hey there, Pam is here and she's cooking up your cure right now. You'll be up and bouncing around in no time" Christie said softly, "And when you get out of this bed, we're going to have so much fun" Christie added, her eyes welling up with tears as she smiled a little and placed her hand on top of Harley's.

Her expression changed slightly as she moved her hand to Harley's forehead. Christie's expression turned into urgency. "Pamela! Come quick!" Christie exclaimed, standing up. Ivy quickly ran into the room. "What? What is it?" Ivy asked quickly. "It's Harley, she's burning up really bad!" Christie revealed in a panic. Ivy stared at Harley in shock at how fragile her girlfriend looked. How lifeless she looked.

"Sis, she needs help now!" Christie cried, snapping Ivy out of her daze. Ivy quickly went over to Harley's side and felt her cheeks and forehead after laying down a little tube of liquid with a lid down beside her. Ivy's expression saddened. "S-she's not going to make it" Ivy stated, her heart racing. "Give her the cure you've made up!" Christie pointed out. "Don't call it a cure, I don't even know if it will!" Ivy replied, looking at Christie.

Christie ran to Ivy and kneeled in front of her. "Sis, you have to try because there's nothing else we can do to save her. If there's a chance it'll work then we have to take it!" Christie told her. "I-I know but what if it goes wrong? What if it hurts her like my plant that got her like this in the first place? I-I don't know what my stuff can and will do!" Ivy replied, tears forming. Christie placed her hands on Ivy's cheeks, looking directly into her eyes. "It will work. I believe in you" Christie told her as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Ivy stared back for a few moments before slowly looking over at Harley. She picked up the little glass tube and glanced at Christie. She gave Ivy a reassuring nod before standing up. Ivy took a deep breath and moved her position a little, pulling out a needle and getting the liquid into it. She lined it up to Harley's arm and injected her, getting the liquid into Harley's system. "Please be okay Harley... Please" Ivy pleaded quietly as she finished the injection. Christie watched on as she cried, hoping and praying in her mind.

Hours seem to pass but in reality, it had only been fifteen minutes. Ivy and Christie did not say a word as they waited. They both sat on either side of the bed, waiting and hoping for a positive result. Ivy didn't take her eyes off her, the woman she loved with all her heart. Christie kept wiping her eyes and cheeks as tears continuously fell. Finally, it happened.

Harley's eyes slowly opened, causing Ivy's expression to light up. "Baby?" Ivy said softly as Harley began to move a little and figure out her surroundings. Christie looked at Harley and smiled. "How are you feeling?" Christie asked her. "I feel like I've been jumping on my head" Harley replied groggily, making Christie laugh a little. Ivy's eyes filled up and all she could do was pull Harley into a hug. "It's okay red, you saved me! I knew you would!" Harley smiled, feeling stronger by the second. "I'm so sorry Harl... I-I'm so so sorry" Ivy repeated softly as she began to cry into Harley's shoulder...

--------------------

That's the end of this three part story arc, hope you all enjoyed it!

Please check out Moon Knight (Sam x Luna). I had an absolute blast working on this and it would mean a lot if you checked it out. Here's the link:

Next chapter is titled: 'IVY: OBILITI (Part 1)'. See you all next time!