Chapter 17

Miss me? 😏

--

"We won't hurt Camila, right?" Austin assured, wiping the sweat on his forehead.

"Austin.. I'm not Lauren. I'm not a fuckgirl okay? I promise to take care of your friend." She whispered, touching the boy's arm to make it more believable.

There was a moment of silence, Austin definitely deep in thought, trying to figure out the right thing to do. Does he really wanna do this?

"I don't know man... they look happy." Austin cared about Camila. There was no doubt about that. She had been there for the boy through all his failed exams, all his detentions and all his bullying. It's only a friendly thing to do to do the same for her.

The girl scoffed, rolling her eyes. "She's playing with her, Mahone. It's a fucking dare, okay? This is all as fucking dare."

Austin glared at her in confusion and part rage. What the fuck was she talking about?

"What?" He yelled. The girl shushed him, forcing him to lower his voice.

"I'm her friend." She started. "We had a dare a couple months ago where I told her to date someone for twenty bucks. Like seriously date someone since I thought she was never going to make it. But hey- she did! Which is fucked up. I didn't know she was going to take it seriously and do it to a girl who's so sweet and innocent." The girl shrugged, and the more the words come out of her mouth, the tense Austin was.

"You made the dare and you're Jauregui's friend. Why'd you care so much about Camila?" Austin spat.

"I-" She looked down at her shoes, arguing with herself whether or not to tell Austin the truth but decided on yes. "I had a crush on her and- I don't know maybe this was her revenge or something."

"So you're doing this because you want Camila?"

"No. I'm doing this because I don't want her hurt."

--
The number 10 on Camila's back made Lauren's day. She promised herself she was going to win this game no matter what. Not for the scouts, not for her coach, not for her school, kind of for her team but most importantly, for her girlfriend.

Camila stood up proudly, clapping her hands as the team walked out the field. Lauren blew a kiss towards her girlfriend, who pretended to grab that invisible kiss and put it on top of her heart.

Camila had no idea what on earth was going on. What even is softball and how does it even work? She just sat the entire time, contently watching her girlfriend's ass- hand. Her girlfriend's hands as she tightly held that bat. She watched as Lauren hit the ball and run around for some fucking reason.

Camila chanted at all the right times and cheered when Dinah did.

"Are they winning?" Camila whispered, pointing at their school's team.

"Yes, Chanch. We've been winning since the start." Dinah sighed. Camila nodded and thanked her for a while, before pretending to be indulged in the game again.

The best part of the game was when it was over. A sweaty Lauren jumped up and down and ran towards Camila. She hugged the girl tight and kissed the top of her messy hair.