Bonding Time

When I awoke I was alone in my bed. I felt a slight twinge of disappointment but quickly brushed it off.  Sitting up, my eyes caught sight of the exercise leaflet on the floor.  The hospital had given it to me me and it  explained which exercises I needed to do in between my monthly rehabilitation sessions. I used my arms to swing my legs off the edge of my bed and bent down to pick it up.  However,  when I sat back up I let out a shriek as I saw I was no longer alone and now had three increasingly familiar vampires in my room. 

"What are you doing? " I yelped,  trying to pull my nightdress down to cover more of my legs which only showed more cleavage.

I heard two simultaneous hisses,  on from Charlotte and one from Jasper.  Charlotte slapped Peter who was staring at me with wide eyes before I quickly found myself being sheltered by Jaspers large form. 

"MINE." He growled our,  his eyes black with anger. 

Peter and Charlotte took a step back before leaving the room via the window, I could hear Charlotte scolding her mate and couldn't help but chuckle. 

Returning my attention to the man nearly sat on me,  I realised he was still seething with rage. "Hey,  calm down Jasper,  they're gone now."  I said hesitantly,  uncertain if my words were going to be the right choice or not. 

"You're MINE.  No one should see you like this apart from ME. " He growled possessively. 

"Mmnn"  I hummed,  uncomfortable with the conversation. "Why don't we play twenty questions?"  I suggested,  changing the topic.

"What? Twenty questions?  How do you play that? " Jasper asked,  snapping out of his rage. 

Has he never played twenty questions?

"Sorry darlin' I've not been educated in human games in a while." He unnecessarily apologised.

"We basically just ask each other twenty questions,  ten each.  I ask you one,  you answer,  I answer.  You ask me one,  I answer,  you answer and so on.  Got it?" I explained.

"Yup, think so. "

"Favourite colour?"  I asked first.  "mines blue" 

"I'm going to have to say forrest green" he responded.

"What do you want to do in life?" Jasper asked me. 

"Well I did want to do something with children but now?  I'm not sure. " I answered,  playing with the hem of my nightgown.  For some reason I didn't feel self conscious around Jasper.

"I wanted to be a Soldier,  I was and I was so proud but then my life took a turn south into hell."  Jasper said quietly.

Over the rest of the game I learned that Jasper had two younger sisters,  a dog,  a horse,  loved country music,  lived on a big ranch in Texas during his human years and had a love for historical books. In return, I told him all about my life in Phoenix and my childhood. 

I was laughing at some stupid story Jasper was telling me about his horse bucking him off into the mud when my door slammed open and Peter barged in. 

"Alright,  times up,  come and socialise with us Bellaaaa." He wined,  dragging out my name. 

"GET OUT!" I screamed,  pulling the bedsheets to cover myself, once again conscious of my lack of clothes.

Jasper let out a growl before they both left. I heard shouting from downstairs once more and rolled my eyes before pushing myself up and taking a step towards my wardrobe.

Wait.  What?

I let out a shriek as I flapped my arms around,  expecting to fall over but somehow I managed to keep my balance.  Before I could do anything else however,  my door was yet again being slammed open. 

For the love of God,  if they break that door as well...

I looked up to see all three of the vampires which I seemed to have adopted,  frozen in my door way. 

"Let me get changed!" I hissed,  wobbling on my feet.

"Bella,  your standing,  on your own,  and your more worried about getting changed?" Jasper asked Iridiculously. 

I shrugged, "Well,  I was more thinking of you,  you know.  I mean,  I wouldn't want Charlotte starring at you in you boxers but if your okay with other men seeing me like th-" 

"No!" Jasper cut me off,  appearing in front of me and shielding my body from Peters view. 

"Okay,  GET OUT! " I screamed finally snapping.

" Wow,  someone's moody. " I heard Peter mumble before the sound of flesh on flesh filled the air. "Ouch woman,  abuse much? "

Jaspers red eyes held my own before he to disappeared.  I still had to talk to him about that.  I grabbed into my table,  leaning heavily on it as I moved myself to sit on my stool and reach across to my wardrobe.  Pulling out the first thing that I could find I ended up wearing a flowing maxi skirt and an oversized jumper.  Not exactly fashionable but comfortable at least.

I pulled out a pair of fluffy socks from my impressive collection before struggling to slip them on. When I was ready I sighed before calling out for Jasper. 

He instantly appeared in front of me,  the door gently swinging open. 
Good.  He can be trained.

"Bella?  Bella are you okay?" he asked frantically.

I rolled my eyes before silently reaching out for him,  signalling that I simply wanted to be taken downstairs.  He smiled,  his eyes warming with adoration before he bent down and scooped me up into his arms.  Carrying me bridal style down the stairs,
I closed my eyes in contempt,  leaning my head against his cold,  silent chest.

Maybe this would work out after all.