Chapter Thirty-Five- Sister From Hell

I was beginning to pack my bags in preparation for going back to university when my phone rang beside me.

"Hey Kate," Victoria spoke, I almost forgot she had come back from her vacation today, my mind was more focused on the whole Valerie situation... I didn't want anything to become messed up between Victoria and I. I had been there, done that.  

"Hey Vic-" 

"We may have a problem," 

"What?" 

"Valerie," she stated simply.

Oh, Valerie, the girl who was using a picture of Victoria and I together as some weird kind of blackmail...

I wondered for a moment about what she had done now. I didn't understand why it was necessary for her to be putting Victoria and I through this either but...people could do weird things sometimes, and Valerie's motives weren't too clear.

"Ugh, she just wants me to do her homework for a month...she doesn't need to use this whole threat of me literally being kicked out to get me to do so..." Victoria said.

"That's awful," I replied.

"The homework or the kicked out part?" Victoria joked.

I sighed.

"I have a plan," I replied.

"You do?" 

"Yup. I'm going to be at your place soon, just give me a few." 

"Okay Greene..." Victoria seemed to say something to , and then ended the call. 

I got myself ready and then began to head in the general direction to Victoria's house. Once I got there, Victoria quickly grabbed my arm and dragged me into the house.

Valerie started to snicker.

"What?" Victoria rose an eyebrow at her.

"You're not doing a very good job at keeping this a secret," Valerie stated.

Victoria turned to her, her eyes narrowed.

"Look, we're just friends," 

It didn't pain me to hear that at all...

"That's all there is, right, Kate?" 

I just nodded.

Valerie still looked unconvinced, and then smirked.

"Just wait until mum and dad find out," 

"If you're really going to get so hung up on this...I'll do your damn homework," 

"Mum and dad have a right to know that you're a..." 

Victoria appeared worried, and moved closer to Valerie for a moment.

"Shush," 

Valerie rolled her eyes, before lowering her voice. "Well, whatever you are," 

"She's Victoria," I said, Victoria turned to me and smiled, but then the key problem seemed to register in her mind as the concern returned to her eyes.

"And..." I continued, in an attempt to stall Valerie from running off and being a sister from hell, telling her parents everything Victoria and I were trying to keep from them. 

Even though I still wasn't too sure what was going on between the two of us...I didn't want it sabotaged by a certain little nightmare.

"...she's an amazing person, who doesn't deserve to be outed by someone else. It's not okay, Valerie. You're her sister and this isn't respecting that matter. What's between Victoria and I isn't your concern. Whether or not a day comes when Victoria wants to tell other people...it should be down to her. Not you. You don't know what's going on here,"