33

"The world has not ended so Ennoshita stop looking like it is," I point out. "#1's playing style is that of the little giants in the way he aims for the top of the block. Because of this, trying for a one touch will be our best bet against him," I look around and they nod at me.

"This team is a lot like Nekoma in its firm defense and organized plays. Johzenji was the opposite of this, so we need to switch gears. So along with being organized and structured come predictability. They won't be dropping any unorthodox plays on you. Your first instinct will most likely be right. Find patterns in their attacks," I look at Kageyama for a brief second. 

"These guys are used to standard by the book playing. Use their strengths against them just like you have before," I look to Kageyama along with the wing spikers and Hinata. "Don't let them predict you," They nod and I turn to Ennoshita and Nishinoya, "Stay sharp, you're doing good,"

I turn to the blond middle blocker, "One touch and guess block," he nods sharply. The whistle sounds for them to return. I look between the players at the other team and then back to Karasuno, "Go out there and take this set for Daichi," a firm, simultaneous shout answers me back.

~~~

#1 hits the ball off Hinata's and Tanaka's hands and it shoots to the left. Hinata's feet hit the ground and he shoots off in the same direction. Which also happens to be directly towards Takeda-sensei and I. Takeda-sensei freezes up.

As he barrels forward, I yank my chair and Takeda-sensei's out of the way. Hinata races back to the net in time to spike the ball Kageyama set to him. "Yes!" I grin at the display of hyper-mobility.

I don't realize until then that I still had the chairs in my hand. "Oh," I set them down gently and return to watching the game.

Tsukishima smugly blocks out a ball and Asahi slams a spike in. Kageyama goes to block the ball but Ennoshita saves it when it turns into a feint. I give them the meat and they make the meal. I watch anxiously as they play with neck-and-neck scores. 

But we win, and the victory tastes even sweeter knowing that we fought for it. "Nice play you guys!" the team looks over at Daichi and bounds over to him, shouting his name. I remember the other game. Date Tech v. Seijo. I grab my clipboard and bag and weave out of the gym and into the stands.

I send a small nod to Daichi before leaving. I enter the hallway of people and then the stairwell up to the stands. I trot up the steps and narrowly avoid hitting someone with my bag. People stand in the walkway, blocking me view of the game. My brain shuts down at the thought of having to speak up to get through. "U-Uh," I look around for someone to help me, but so far I'm the only one up here.

Right when I need to be tough and coach-y I can't. I quietly try to peak around the school-aged boy/men. I can barely find a tiny opening of which to even see the wood on the court. I contemplate tapping one of their shoulders but quickly dismiss the idea. Oh no, what do I do now?

I need to see the game, but I don't want to be rude. I'm internally conflicted until a voice sounds from behind me. "Oh Chihiro-chan," I freeze not knowing who was behind me. My neck creaks as I inch around to see who it is. My shoulders relax when I see the third years.

Daichi looks down at me, "Whatchya doing back here?" I smile sheepishly and look at the backs of the people in front of me. "Oh, just ask them to move!" Sugawara chimes.

"Hehe about that," I smile painfully. Asahi nods knowingly. "I-I don't want to b-be rude or-" I look down at my twiddling fingers. "Excuse us," Sugawara cuts me off. He gently pushes through the crowd. He looks back at me and motions with his head to follow him.