He Seen Me

(Y/N) spent years of searching deep in the woods of West Virginia. his friends called him crazy and told him he was wasting his life looking for a myth. but still, he insisted. "Mothman is real, I'll show you. I'll show you all!" he yelled.  

it's been months since (Y/N) had seen his friends. he's lived in the woods camping and surviving on little food. he makes one or two trips into town a month for essentials. only spending a few minutes in a small convenience store. it was no lie (Y/N) needed a shower desperately. smelling of campfire and sweat. but that wasn't important the only thing on his mind was getting at least one clear picture of the Mothman. he needed to show them, to show everyone he wasn't insane. ever since (Y/N) was a child he was obsessed with the Mothman. his father had made the mistake of telling him the story one night while around a fire in their backyard. he told of how the Mothman had landed atop the large bridge. predicting its collapse as if to warn everyone. What a true hero the Mothman was. of course (Y/N) was the only one who would think the Mothman a hero. others say he is a sign of death lingering around areas of imminent chaos or demise.  but (Y/N) refused to believe this is what the Mothman was. 

(Y/N) was getting ready for a hike, he figured he'd only be out for maybe an hour or two. making sure to grab his camera he slung it over his shoulder. the strap lapped over the strap of his backpack. yawning as (Y/N) grabbed his canteen of water and a small energy bar. He hasn't been taking care of his health much, but he didn't,t notice. The last thing on his mind was his diet as he started down the familiar trail of the thick foods he camped in. his fire left roaring as he'd forgotten it. (Y/N) followed the winding paths he'd taken so many times before not exactly paying attention as he walked. taking a wrong turn without knowing he strayed down a path not made by him like the others had been. the forest around him looked all the same as the rest, however. the tall trees and thick shrubs. large rocks along the path looked too similar to ones he'd seen before.(Y/N) felt as though he was being watched. the feeling haunted him lingering like a bad smell. unable to shake it he tried to focus on other things. 

(Y/N) trudged through the thick underbrush of the forest, the full moon light barely breaking the leaves above leaving the woods a dark and eerie scene. the winds softly blowing through trees making branches clack against one another. it sent chills down his spine as he tried to find his camp ground. he'd been walking for hours down trails he'd made himself over the time of his stay. swearing up and down he knew where he was going but now (Y/N) wasn't sure. maybe he was lost after all. remembering he let the fire burning he started to worry, what if he started a forest fire? (Y/N) would be stuck out in the woods with no way out of the fire. quickly looking at the area around him trying to find anything familiar his eyes glanced over something that had forced him to look back trying to figure out what had caught his eyes for just the split second. there looking back at him were two large red eyes. frozen in place he couldn't bring himself to hold up his camera but it wouldn't matter. in the three second period (Y/N) seen these two red eyes they'd looked right back into his (E/C)  eyes as time seemed to stand still. before vanishing into the full moon sky, up through the thick leaves of the trees. it was him. it was the Mothman. 

after two more long hours of running through the woods of West Virginia, (Y/N) was panting heavily as he finally found his way back to his camp. the fire was nothing but smoldering embers in the dark. quickly sitting down on an old lawn chair (Y/N) tried to catch his breath. his heart racing as he remembered what he had seen. could it be him? in all honestly, could it have been Mothman? remembering the feeling of being watched he realized it must have been Mothman following him the whole time. how had he not noticed?feeling so dumb for not knowing before (Y/N) brought both of his hands up to cover his red hued face.