The Last Mask Piece

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

When you awoke the next morning, you found yourself wrapped up in the ivory sheets of Lucian's bed while your head rested on his lap. For the first few moments, you stared up at him with nothing happening, though as a few more seconds passed a blush started to form on your face. Remembering what occurred last night, you looked away from him, as you sat up in the bed. Soon though, you felt your face being turned towards him. His right hand rested against your left cheek before he placed a light kiss on your forehead, causing your blush to darken a bit more.

Pulling his hand away as well as his face, he said, "I'm going to go to sleep myself now. I'll be up in a few hours and then we will head out to retrieve the last mask piece, since council meetings will pick up after today".

Nodding in response, you saw him turn over on his side before he quickly fell asleep. Getting out of the bed, you went up to your room where you proceeded with a shower and your morning routine. After you were finished dressing in new undergarments and attire you walked out of the bathroom. Your outfit consisted of the dress you wore on your first evening here. Thus you had on a simple dark blue dress that fell just above the knees with long lace sleeves, though this time you wore black over-the-knee socks and black knee-high boots instead of grey flats with blue gemstones. Letting the mirror fix your hair into a simple ponytail, you stretched and let out a soft sigh. Once you had attained this last mask piece, Lucian's goal would be accomplished and apparently you would be helping him govern the magic world. Such a responsibility weighed heavily on your shoulders and you didn't know if you could perform such a task. Suddenly you were grateful that you had read the book that Lucian had given you when you first got here, though you would probably have to read more if you ever completely wanted to understand the magic world.

Going away from the mirror, you left your room and headed to the dining room. On your way there, you began to think about where the last mask piece was hidden. Hopefully, it wouldn't be anything like the last place. After that experience, you never wanted to see another sanatorium. Just remembering the experience made you want to curl up under some blankets and hide under them for awhile. Reaching the dining room, you walked in and were met with Nafera. Usually, you would have smiled and greeted her, but now you could only look at your feet.

Scratching the back of your neck in an awkward way, you stated, "Hey, Nafera."

"Hello ____, so I suppose that you want breakfast," she said with an unreadable expression on her face.

"Yeah, thanks."

"Will Master Lucian be eating with you?"

"No, he's sleeping at the moment," you muttered, still feeling rather awkward.

Nafera sighed before saying, "You know there's no need to feel awkward _____. I think that you two make an adorable couple."

To your surprise she started to chuckle to herself lightly.

"Though, I didn't expect you to act in such a way," she said still laughing slightly.

Hearing this, you felt heat rise to your cheeks, as embarrassment took a hold of you. You saw her coming over to you before she smiled at you.