Spring Hunt (2)

When Ryu and Siri arrived at the royal forest, their carriage directly went to Ryu's tent.  It was located on the right side of the King's royal tents.  His children and their mothers all attended The Spring Hunt and their tents were to the King's tents.  The first tent to his left was the Queen's tent, followed by Crown Prince Morgan's tent, then his four first rank concubine and their children.  To Ryu's right was the high ranking Generals and Ministers that were invited.  There were an enormous amount of tents that were already pitched. The first day was reserved for a feast before the night hunt started.  

Who ever hunted and killed the most Five Horn Wild Boars was the winner.  They would be granted a great reward from the King.  The second day's royal hunt was reserved for hunting the Swift Rain Pheasant.  Who ever killed the Swift Rain Pheasant, who was not only the fastest bird on land and in the sky, they would be granted a bigger reward.  

At night they would celebrate until the sunrise on the third day were a ceremony would be performed to welcome the Spring, thank the Gods and ask for a blessing. 

When Ryu and Siri arrived, almost everyone who was invited have already arrived.  The King and Queen have arrived in the early morning, but have taken to their tent to rest until everyone was present.  Everyone had time to rest and get ready for the night feast to kick off the night hunt.  

Siri was sitting at the table with Ryu when a feminine voice could be heard from outside arguing with Ryu's guards.  

"How dare you block me from Brother Ryu!?"  Chunhua said as she pouted at the guards.  "Brother Ryu and I have studied under the same Master Teacher and you dare block me?  Should he find out that you blocked his disciple sister's way, he'll make you regret turning me away."  

Siri looked at Ryu and mischievously smiled at him while raising one eyebrow up to question his next action.

"Wife, this Husband is thirsty."  Ryu said as he nodded at the full cup of tea in front of her.  

Siri scoffed at him as she sipped on the tea while listening to his disciple sister have a one way argument with his guards.  Ryu took the tea from her hand and drank it down in one gulp before Steward Mo came to tell Ryu about his disciple sister, Chunhua requesting for an audience.  

Ryu looked at Siri for her opinion, but Siri just shrugged her shoulders in indifference.  Ryu nodded his head once and within minutes, Chunhua was ushered in by Steward Mo and behind her was a maid and her nurse.  

Chunhua's beauty could start a war and crumble down cities.  She had beautiful dark black, silky hair that shined every time it moved.  She left it down so everyone could see just how beautiful it was.  It reached just below her butt and every time she walked, her hair swung side to side, hypnotizing those who watched her walk away.  Chunhua had delicate eyebrows and peach blossom eyes with long eyelashes, small straight nose and soft red lips.  

Chunhua wore an all white hunting dress underneath a thick white fox fur at the neck and cuffs of her white coat.  The fox fur framed her heart shaped face and made her look fragile yet exquisite.  She smiled shyly at Ryu with a tint of pink on her milky white cheeks and her eyes lowered down to the ground as she bowed.  

"Brother Ryu, Chunhua has come to The Spring Hunt with Father.  It has been such a long time since Chunhua has seen Brother Ryu and was too excited to wait until tonight's feast to see you, so Chunhua especially came here to look for Brother Ryu."  Chunhua said as she gathered enough courage to look up at Ryu.  Her shy smile was frozen as she saw the beautiful silver hair woman who sat by Ryu.  Her cold beauty was captivating as a slight smile on her full pink lips.  Chunhua studied the woman as Chunhua's light brown eyes met cold liquid silver.  Her silver hair with silver eyes and white skin made her look like an ice princess that no one could touch.  Chunhua was transfixed by Siri's beauty as she's never seen someone like Siri before.  

The silence between the three of them descended on them.  Siri and Ryu waited for Chunhua to finish talking while Chunhua's heart skipped wildly as she stared at her biggest competition for Ryu's affections.  She had heard of Ryu's wife and how she had won over his favor.  But she didn't believe in those rumors, because she knew Ryu for so long.  He was not one to trust easily, nor warm up to people so quickly.  He kept everyone at arms length and kept to himself.  

Thanks to having the same martial arts teacher, Master Teacher Tsuyoi, Chunhua trained beside Ryu's side for 10 years until he returned to the royal city.  Since then, she had only seen him a handful of times in the 9 years since he left.  Those ten years with him were the best times of her life as she could spend time with him and watch him. 

Although Ryu was a man of few words, he showed his favor by the things he did for others.  That was how thoughtful Ryu is.  It was not words that he put weight on, it was actions.  And Chunhua saw it all and could understand him like no other could.  

So when she could meet Ryu, she would move heaven and earth to get the opportunity to do so.  Because he was the man of her heart and the man of her dreams.  That was the reason why at the age of 24, she wasn't married yet.  Her excuse to her father was that she wanted a man who would be worthy of her and as of yet, no one could measure up.  And her father, being a loving and doting father, selfishly wanting more time with his beautiful and cute daughter, let her have her way.  

Now Chunhua had a large issue before her.  Ryu's wife, who was rumored to have won his favor, really did win his favor as she watched Ryu drink the rest of the tea that Siri took a sip of.  She watched in silence at their fingers touched and grazed each other as if it was the most natural thing to do.  

One thing stayed true after so long, his indifferent, aloof mask stayed the same as the three of them waited in silence.