v. A War Of The Gods

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter v.
( the lightning thief )
❝ a war of the gods ❞

╚═══════════════╝

      AFTER THE CAPTURE THE FLAG INCIDENT, Percy moved into cabin three. No one mentioned the hellhound attack, at least not around him. The camp was overrun by whispers of the encounter, everyone was terrified of it and Percy.

      Most campers stayed clear of him, even Clarisse. Annabeth and I still taught him Ancient Greek, but the child of Athena's whole demeanour changed around him. He was now a child of Poseidon, and her mother and his father absolutely hated each other.

      I became quite weary of him. I always made sure my senses were alert. I was afraid that a monster would come barging into camp or that he would be struck by lightning or engulfed underground.

      If Percy was to survive to the age of sixteen, then all hell would break loose.

      I still don't know how he would help me, and surprisingly, the idea of him being the son of the Sea God made it all more confusing.

      But that wasn't as confusing as my dream.

      I was standing on a beach. The wind made my hair blow drastically in my face, even when I tucked it behind my ear. A storm raged above me, spraying salty water along with raindrops against my arms and legs.

      A city stood behind me. The buildings were spread further apart than New York, and there were low hills in the distance and palm trees.

      What was even stranger was I saw a familiar black mass of messy hair standing in front of me. He watched two men about one hundred metres down the surf. Both reminded me of NFL players – muscular, with bears and long hair. They both wore Greek tunics, one trimmed with blue, the other green.

      "Percy?" I called, and he looked back, his eyes wide in surprise when he saw me.

      "Claire? What're you doing here?"

      I ran towards him with difficulty, as the strong wind seemed to push me back with extreme force.

     I finally reached him.

      "I don't know. How can we be having the same dream?" I said, out of breath.

      Percy shrugged and was about to say something when suddenly, lighting flashed across the sky, and the clouds rumbled and grew darker.

      Our gazes snapped back to the two men fighting. They grappled with each other, wrestled, headbutted, kicked, and punched ... anything you could imagine. Every time they made contact, thunder boomed, lightning flashed, the sky darkened and the wind grew.