Party Hold

I yawned loudly, blinking at the bright sun that was invading my room. It would have been nice if it was still night and not a time full of light burning my eyes but at least it was warm. A lot of the warmness came from Thorin's arms as they were wrapped around my torso. Taking a deep breath, making sure that I was alive, I turned around to meet with almost black eyes looking at me.

"'Mornin." Thorin yawned, pulling me closer to his bare chest.

"Hey." I would have given him a little awkward wave hadn't my arms been smashed against Thorin. But I wasn't complaining because I was comfortable. I wasn't just comfortable because my bed is one of the best things in my life, but because my body was held by the arms that I never wanted to let go. Plus the arms were warm themselves.

A sweet smile was both on my lips and also Thorin's while we looked at each other. I broke eye contact because of the little piece of hair that invaded my face, forcing me to eye it while trying to blow it away. Of course, it didn't work and I didn't really want to squirm myself out of the hold I was in. Thorin chuckled while taking one of his large hands and gently tucked it underneath my hair.

"Are you alright?" He finally asked.

I knew why he was asking. He had seen the tears that were rolling down my cheeks the night before. Knowing Thorin and how protective he is of me, he probably thought he was hurting me. At first, it didn't feel uncomfortable but the feeling quickly disappeared and was not the reason why I cried.

For the first time in my whole entire life, I felt loved by someone that I wasn't related to. Someone had wanted me in their life and I wanted to be in there's. They had the choice and they chose me, made me smile, maybe feel things that I had never felt before. That is why I cried. I felt wanted, and a part of someone that I wanted to see smile every day for a long time.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cry." I tried to laugh it off even though it wasn't funny.

"Why did you?" His brows furrowed. It didn't help that his black mysterious eyes bore into mine like they were searching for the truth and maybe even my soul.

"I'm about to say something weird, okay?" The words came out slowly to make sure he understood the warning that I was giving him. It was time to tell him, how I truly felt every time he hugged me, kissed me and made me smile.

"Alright." I couldn't help but to notice his Adam's apple slightly bounce when he nervously swallowed.

I didn't really know how to say this to him because I've only thought it and not actually said the words. "I cried because... I really care about you and for some reason, I just felt like I was really cared for and protected at that moment. I've always felt that way when I'm with you but for some reason, my eyes were like 'whoop time to cry'."

Now it was my turn to be nervous and stare directly into his eyes, trying to find out what he was exactly thinking. I didn't know, I didn't have mind reading powers that I wished I did at that moment. The only thing I had was the thought of what I said may have weirded him out and would want him to leave.

My face was pushed into Thorin's chest by the hand that made its way to the back of my head. "I really care about you too Flora and I'm glad that you feel that way. Don't ever apologize for crying, alright?" He pulled back, lifting my chin with his fingers so he could look me in the face.

Thorin didn't really have to tell me that he cared about me, I already could tell.

"I'm sorry about being an asshole in the beginning." I finally admitted that I was one.

"In the beginning? Eh..." He trailed off.

Screw the embrace. I pulled out my hand, smacking him on the shoulder like I did last night. "Oh please, I could have been a lot worse."