thirty

INHALING THE SMELL of pure coffee beans, Lea walks into the familiar looking shop

INHALING THE SMELL of pure coffee beans, Lea walks into the familiar looking shop. She struts in whilst loosening her coat, feeling the warmth enter into her body as the air around her grows hot. She walks to the lady who's standing with a smile on her face. Surfing through the cupcakes, cookies, and cakes that sit in front of her, she nonchalantly orders a coffee for her, a Caramel Apple muffin for Alec and a Blueberry muffin for Bash.

The lady starts packing her order and Lea takes her own time letting her eyes wander over the place. Her gaze lands on the table where she once sat, waiting for Alec and she can almost feel the hunch of nervousness kick in. She was so excited that day; it was only then she realized that nervousness and excitement combined together was a wonderful feeling but a sad smile escapes from her lips as she realizes that a lot of things have changed since then.

"Here you go," the lady says, offering the muffins and the coffee to her. She thanks her with a smile and pays her order. The winds flush through her body yet again as she opens the door. Sipping her coffee, she walks to Alec's house.

The boys had left earlier, stating they wanted time to be alone - they wanted an excuse to get rid of their father who had been bugging them to talk to him earlier at the ceremony. The walk home is only a few minutes and in a matter of time, she opens the door and opens her mouth to call Alec's name.

"Alec," she says softly, loud enough for him to hear. "I'm home."

Silence echoes through the house and she walks into the living room and eventually, the kitchen to find him. The house is eerily silent and Lea's voice reverberates through the walls as she calls Alec's name.

She knocks his bedroom door and quietly opens the door to see not one, but two faces looking at her in surprise.

Alec and Harper.

And God was she beautiful.

She sits on the bed next to him, her hands intertwined in his and Alec instantly removes his hand from the hold as he watches Lea's gaze drop on it.

"Lea," Harper blurts. She oscillates her head from Alec to Lea and finally drops her gaze on Lea. "You're Lea, right?"

Lea nods. "And, you're Harper," she sums up, plastering a smile on her face.

Harper's hair is a darker shade of Lea's and it cascades down her waist. She wears a tight black dress that hugs her body all in the right places and a burning fire of jealousy develops in the pit of Lea's stomach as she realizes that Harper isn't just beautiful, she is painfully beautiful.

"I've heard a lot about you," Harper says, breaking their silence. "Actually, to be honest, we were talking about you before you walked in."

Lea had expected Harper to be the rude ex - to be honest, she never expected to meet her at all - but Harper was being nothing but sweet. A kind yet sad smile sits on her lips and her eyes crinkle with sorrow for Alec. Lea would be lying if she said that there was no tension between Harper and Alec but Harper simply made it easy between them.