Chapter 2

After what seemed like an eternity of faxing and inserting contacts, I made a reservation at the restaurant he wanted.

I walk to his office and knocked.
When I hear a 'come in', I walk into his office.

"Sir, I'm done with all the tasks you asked me to do, so I'm here to organize the files you wanted"

"Yes, Ms. Downs the files over there," he pointed at a stack of files to his left.

"I want you to put them all alphabetically in a binder and on to that rack over there, make no mistake because I don't tolerate mistakes"

"Yes, sir" I blinked.

I walked over to the files, picked them up, and put them on the floor, I started opening all the binders from A to Z and placed them beside the files on the floor.

"What are you doing Ms. Downs?" He sounded annoyed.
"I'm organizing the files sir"
Are you blind? Is what I wanted to say but continued looking through the files instead.

"On the floor?"
"Yes, is that a problem?"
"No, it's fine, just go back to work"

I noticed a hint of amusement in his voice but ignored it.

By the next hour, I was finished and started placing the binders on the rack.

"Sir, I'm done with what you asked, if you'll excuse me I'll go on my lunch break"
"Already?!"

Take that asshole.

"Yes, would you like me to get you anything sir, coffee? Cake? A sandwich perhaps?"

"Actually Ms. Downs, will you mind me accompanying you to lunch?"
"Not at all sir, be my guest"

Scary...
His mood changed...

We went into the elevator, I was about to press the floor to the cafeteria but Mr. Reid pressed the floor to the lobby.

"Sir?"

"I'm taking you out"
"Do you have a lunch meeting?"
"No"
"I see," I said skeptically.

We walked out of the elevator and I felt all eyes on us, I ignored it and it seems Mr. Reid had the same idea as me.

As we walked out of the lobby, there was a limo parked in front of the building.

Mr. Reid casually opened the door for me to get in and I didn't question him, I went in, reminding myself he's a billionaire.

I sat in the limousine and looked around, Mr. Reid slid in next to me, I looked at Mr. Reid to find him staring at me.

"Mr. Reid is there something you want to tell me?"
"No, not exactly, but I would like to get to know you a bit, Ms. Downs"

"I'm sorry sir but I think we should just keep our relationship professional, no need to get to know each other personally"

"I never said personally Ms. Downs, I'd just like to get to know someone I'm going to be working so closely with"

"I'm sorry sir but I don't feel obligated to tell you something about my personal life"

"Obligation isn't the problem Ms. Downs, as your boss I'm ordering you to tell me"

"And I'm telling you as your 'assistant' that I don't want to tell you anything"

"I'll find out somehow Ms. Downs, you're well aware of what I'm capable of"