XV

by the way, any times now are london time, not sydney time :)

~~~~

THE AIRPORT

Somehow, Ellie had managed to make her way into the baggage claim area. Now, she was simply staring at the seemingly endless suitcases that were making their way out of the belly of the plane.

Her misguided mind thought that first-class bags were meant to come out first, as the name implied. In fact, she'd been standing here for at least fifteen minutes - and it hadn't helped her nerves on bit.

Would Amelia like her? What would happen if she met Harry? What if they all hated her?

All these questions (and many, many more) were floating around in Ellie's head, and the longer she stood here, the worse it got. Stewing in a puddle of her own tiredness and anxiety was hardly how she'd planned to start her first day in London.

Finally, the plastic strips guarding the other side of the airport parted, and a familiar purple suitcase floated out onto the carousel. Ellie sighed in relief. She could finally leave this airport (after going through border security once again, of course).

Grabbing it, Ellie realised that she'd barely packed anything. Her suitcase was ridiculously light. She didn't want Amelia to feel pressured into buying her things. Shaking her head, Ellie tried to clear her mind.

Obviously, it didn't work. Still, she had to keep moving. Ellie pushed past the crowds of people (seriously, why was Heathrow so busy at three in the morning?) and made her way over to the 'nothing to declare' lane. As far as she knew, there wasn't any food in her suitcase.

Her passport had already been checked, and she'd had to wait around in the ridiculous 'non-EU' line for at least forty five minutes. Add that on to the fact that her flight landed late, and she was around an hour from their original arrival time.

She didn't want to make her poor driver wait any longer.

Before she knew it, Ellie was through the doors and walking into the waiting area. She could see happy passengers hugging their families, and the sight of it nearly brought a tear to her eye. Even though she'd seen her brother recently, it had been over a year since she'd seen her parents.

Despite the crowded nature of the arrivals area, the waiting area was interestingly empty. Standing by the door, she could see a man holding a sign with her name on it. She knew Amelia wasn't going to pick her up (it was far too early in the morning) but she couldn't help but feel a rush of disappointment.

Quickly, Ellie followed the man out of the airport to a sleek black car which awaited her. She gladly handed over her suitcase, and climbed into the back of the car. From what Ellie had heard, it was a fairly long drive into central London (not to mention the fact that she didn't know where Amelia lived).

Ellie needed to waste time. So, without further ado, she pulled out her phone and began scrolling through her various social media feeds (but not before sending Harry a DM).

INSTAGRAM 

DIRECT MESSAGES BETWEEN @elliepotts_ AND @harrystyles

(3:30 AM, 1.02.2017)

@elliepotts_