Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 12 - The Black Dress

TORI's POV

I've never been much of a party girl. The loud music, overcrowded clubs, awkward conversations —it just wasn't my thing. And yet the next day, I was desperately looking over the clothes in my closet, trying to decide what to wear for Zach's party, or rather Zach's friend's party.

I kept on scanning my closet for clothes, and I had nothing appropriate to wear. Of the two of us, Chloe had always been the one to receive the party invitations. Since I was always with her, I was often included in the invites, but I always made up excuses not to go.

"I give up!" I said in frustration.

I walked out of my closet and laid down on my bed.

'What are you planning Zach? I thought to myself. Had he been planning to make me jealous again?

I thought of the day he introduced me to Samantha, that was really stupid. But he wouldn't do the same thing twice. Unless...

I had the worst realization of the situation at the party, which made me jump out of bed immediately.

He's planning to humiliate me in front of his friends!

It was just too good to be true. Zach being nice to me all of a sudden, then bam! There was always a catch. He would do anything to break up with someone. I wouldn't let that happen, and most importantly, I would let him embarrass me in front of his friend.

I rushed to my closet again and scanned for clothes. I have to look as decent as possible. My face was serious the whole time searching for clothes. I should go shopping. Seriously, I didn't have any party clothes here, should I ask for Chloe's advice?

"Tori, are you okay?" Sonia knocked on my open door.

"It's nothing, Sonia, no need to worry." I answered as I continued to ransack my closet for something to wear.

I didn't realize I was making such a mess until I saw Sonia walk in. Clothes were lying everywhere. I knew I was smart, but when it comes to fashion, I was a total idiot. 'Thank God for uniforms.'

"Big party?" Sonia asked. "I haven't seen your closet this messy before." She started to pick up discarded clothes off the floor. I felt bad seeing her arrange the mess I made.

"Oh, it's okay Sonia. Leave it there. I'll fix them later. Could you just make me something sweet please?" I smiled. I had to keep her busy with something else so she wouldn't have to worry about me.

"All right. I'll go make you cookies. By the way, something arrived for you today." I walked out of the closet and saw a box from Chanel.

"What is it?"

"I think it's a bag," Sonia said before leaving to make cookies. I slowly lifted the cover of the big rectangular box, unfolded the paper sheet covering the thing that I assumed was cloth, and gasped at the black fabric neatly folded in place.

My eyes were completely focused on what I guessed was a dress until I noticed a white card in the upper corner of the box. I opened it.

Wear this later. – Zach

I threw away the card and immediately lifted the cloth. It was a dress. It was a chic black dress. It was simple and elegant.

"Wow." Was all I could say. I was worried that the dress wouldn't suit me. It was kind of short, and it wasn't my usual style. But then again, I thought, maybe my style was just lame compared to this.

I shook my head and carefully lowered the dress carefully back into the box.

In the next instant, my phone rang. I saw it was Zachary and took the call. "What's this?" I asked by way of greeting.

icon lock

Show your support for Shorty ❤, and continue reading this story

by Shorty ❤
@notjustarandomgirl
When Victoria 'Tori' Peige found out that Zachary Anderson was the re...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 48 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @notjustarandomgirl.