chapter 4

"Just stay in bed baby, you don't have to go to school."

"No. I'm fine ma, I swear. It was just a sleep walking episode like dad said." Your mom's worried eyes follow your movement around the cluttered room as you got ready for school.

"Yes, but you haven't done that in years maybe we should make an appointment to a sleep therapist."

"Oh my god mom you make it seem like I'm crazy. It was just once, it'll probably never happen again."

Your mom looks at you unsurely but chose not to argue as you continue gathering your belongings for school.

"Just promise you'll leave if you don't feel good. I'll call the school to let them know."

You nod in agreement, knowing it would be the only way to get her to leave you alone. "Promise."

Last night had been a bit horrific to say the least. Your mind conjured up the conclusion that you just experienced a nightmare while sleepwalking. It wasn't impossible.

You're parents had a heart attack when they arrived home to see the garage door open and your car running, not to mention the front door was wide open and your mothers flowers were ruined. Strangely, they found you sound asleep in your bed, covered in dirt.

You were up most of the night trying to explain to the police and your parents what had happened only for them to look at you like you had smoked your mom's garden instead. Okay bad example, you can't get high off of daisies but you get the point.

You were beyond exhausted but you still managed to drag yourself to your car. As your hands gripped the steering wheel glimpses of last night evaded your mind. Then almost like what had taken place hours ago your phone began vibrating in your bag that sat in the passenger seat beside you.

Ami's name flashed on the screen.

"Hello."

"Y/N! My dumbass forgot to tell you we have a prom meeting this morning, I brought breakfast too."

You hummed in response, still trying to recover. "That's cool I'm already on my way. Hey Ami, um...did you call me last night?"

"Mmm. Not that I remember. My parents were gone last night so I just stayed home and watched Disney movies with Bubbles. Why?" You frowned. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

"No reason. I'll see you in a bit." You hung up and shook away your thoughts.

It wasn't something to stress about, it's not like you're dead after all.

When you arrive at school the first thing you notice was the drop temperature. You burrowed into your thin sweater to the best of your abilities, silently cursing yourself for forgetting about this strange weather.

"Hi y/n! Did you do something with your hair? I love it!" A preppy girl who you've barely even seen twice gave you the compliment, already walking away before giving you the chance to answer.

"Yeah, I washed it." A confused expression is painted across your face as you roll your eyes and keep walking.

School wasn't as crowded as usual considering you were thirty minutes early. Loud chatter was heard as you neared the room where the prom meetings were usually held.

"Y/N we have muffins and juice!" Ami sang as loud as she could with a whole muffin stuffed into her mouth.

"Hey." You murmur awkwardly. When you caught sight of the amount of muffin wrappers on the table you inwardly cringe.

It looks like you weren't the only one either. Five students sat around the large table, usually used for faculty meetings, gaping at Ami who was in her own world of food.