20

Sienna's POV

Yelling.

I tried to block it out as my whole family shouted at one another. To say my other siblings were angry was an understatement, they were furious. To make it all worse they were all yelling in Spanish and the doctors were really confused. I mean our mother was okay, why are we yelling?

Because we lied.

Of course I felt bad and all of a sudden I saw their point of view. What if mom had actually died? My siblings would never forgive me.

Never.

If they did that to me? I don't know.. I-

"Sienna!" My head snapped to my oldest brother Chris, who's anger was directed right at me. "Why didn't you tell us?" He looked, what I felt and I couldn't take it anymore. All of it. "I was scared. I was just so damn scared Chris, I'm sorry." I didn't realise I was crying until Chris had me in his arms, hugging me. "Hey, it's okay Sienna." He hugged me tightly and I tried to hold back my tears. "Next time you have to tell us. We're family. We all have to work through it together. Okay?" I nodded feeling slightly better but guilt still ingested in my stomach.

Nathan's POV

"No way." Marcus murmured as I explained tricks on job interviews. Nina and Tyler went down for a nap ages ago and we were now knee deep in ways for applying to new jobs. While we talked, Marcus explained his brother Leo's erratic behaviour since the news of their mother. It made a lump in my throat form every time I thought of their mother dying.

Sienna's mom is dying.

I can't imagine losing a parent, even if my parents and I were in a rough patch. Sienna was close to her mom. I know how much it would crush her. It seems like her brother, Leo, one of the triplets, felt the same way. But he was just expressing it in a different way.

A much different way

"Sorry. Hold on a second." Leo quickly reached for his phone that was ringing loudly.

"Hey man." Was all I heard, before Marcus trudged away to take the call. I heard a quiet cry and I reached for the baby monitor, realising Nina was crying. We both had agreed that getting rid of the baby monitors was a bad idea. Sienna's house was big and from the living room it's extremely hard to to hear anything upstairs. Also, the twins were devious and loved to mess about, like throwing toys at each other. It always, always, ended in tears, so we make it a point to make sure we know what's going on. Baby monitors are the only thing that's working.

I passed the living room and spotted Marcus, his head in his hands as he yelled into the phone. Whats going on? I tried not to be noisy but Marcus looked upset. As another yell emitted from Marcus, in what I recognised as Spanish, I quickly turned and walked upstairs. Whatever the call was about it seemed personal and I didn't want to pry. Nina's cries were getting louder as I trudged up the stairs and suddenly another pair of cries joined her.

Seriously?

It definitely was time for them to wake up, or else they definitely wouldn't sleep tonight. The only question was would they continue to be grumpy and cry? Or settle down? My thoughts then drifted to a few weeks ago when both of the twins were seriously adamant about keeping us up all night. Before Crystal showed up, before anything.

It was just me and Sienna.

"Shhhh..." Bent over the crib was Sienna, who looked so tired I thought she might collapse onto the floor. "Sienna?" I questioned. A groggy voice murmured a 'yes' and I sighed. "It's definitely bedtime." I said and she another sigh was heard. "Nathan they are in bed. Can't you see-" I shook my head and the action caused her to stop talking. "Oh. You mean me. Right." She stared down at the crib once more before turning to the door. She took one step and stumbled over her own feet.