Chapter 14

Taking care.

Night, 3 AM
Johnny's pov.
I opened my eyes from a familiar soft cry and looked at the most precious gift Rain had given to me. Aiyana woke up and cried while Rain was asleep on the other side of our shared bed. I sat up and cradled my little girl in my arms, who was sleeping between us, shushing her. "Sshh, it's okay, daddy's here. We don't wanna wake up mommy, right?" I whispered, thankfully Rain was still asleep, she's been tired after a long day. Aiyana looked up at me and whined. I smiled softly. "Daddy and Mommy loves you, Little Princess" i said and she coed softly, then closed her eyes to sleep. I kissed her forehead gently and layed back down with her on my chest. I turned my head to look at Rain, who was peacefully asleep. I caressed her cheek gently as she smiled softly in her sleep. I took her hand in mine and closed my eyes, letting the sleep take over me.

Morning, 7 AM

Rain's pov.
I woke from Aiyana's crying, probably her breakfast-time. I sleepily sat up and picked her up in my arms as i smiled down at her. "Morning, Flower" i said, using the nickname my uncle have me. I unbuttoned my pj blouse and pulled up my bra, letting her suck onto my nipple. It feels kinda weird, but i'll get used to it. I then felt arms wrapped around me and looked down to see Johnny hugging my waist as i blushed. "Morning.." "Morning Angel" he mumbled.

Afternoon 1 PM
Johnny was out to help his dad at the garage while i was taking care of the baby. It was kinda hard... Without mom and uncle here... But i'm sure i'll get used to it. The good thing is that Aiyana was a happy baby that does'nt cry very much. It's good to have a bundle of joy around us, i have not idea how or why, but i have an odd feeling about her, not only the mother-love-feeling, but something that makes her special... I shook it off and focused on putting on a new diaper on my baby before picking her up "There, all clean" i said and nuzzled my nose against her lightly as she giggled.  I then heard a doorbell and walked over to get it. I opened the door and smiled as i see one of my good friends. "Hey Ash! Come in!" I said and let her walk inside. "What's up, Rain!" Ash looked down at Aiyana. "Heh, already a mom aren't you? She's beautiful, Rain!" She said as she poked her nose. Aiyana giggled, emmidiatly liking the stranger. I smiled. "Wanna hold her?" I asked and Ash looked at me. "Sure" she said and i gave her the baby as she held her carefully. "I'll go make us some tea, sound good?" Ash sat on the couch with Aiyana in her arms. "Yeah, thanks!"

Ash's pov.
I looked down at little Aiyana as she looked up at me. She then poked my muzzle like i did to her and giggled. I chuckled. "I guess i should introduce myself, the name's Ash. And i'm you're mommy and daddy's friend" i said. She then coed and smiled brightly. I smiled back. I have a feeling that we'll be close when she grows up. Aiyana reached her little hand out to my quils in curiosity. I held her hand gently so she won't touch them "Those are spiky, kid. They could hurt you" i said and she then tilted her head, but still held my hand(or paw?) in her two little ones. "Was she too much trouble?" I heard Rain ask as she put two cups of tea on the coffee table. "No, she's alright" i said and Rain sat down next to me. "Sorry about her major curiosity" she grinned. "Nah, it's okay, i like her already" i said, smiling. "Well, it seems like she likes you too" Rain chuckled. "So, how's it going with you?" She asked. "Pretty much the same" i shrugged. "I thought i should make a difference today and pay you a visit" "Well, you you did a good thing, i felt kinda lonely since Johnny is out to help his dad" "I see you guys are getting used to your new life" Rain giggled. "Kinda. But we're getting the hang of it" she said and we kept talking about our lives and friends.