Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Song: Let's Cheers To This- Sleeping With Sirens

Luke

"Are you sure you want to do this? We can just go home if you don't feel ready." I say to Andy, her red hair brightens from her extremely pale face. Her leg is shaking from nerves, she looks like a mess. She has been silent the entire ride here.

"I'm fine," She says, I give her a look. She sighs, "Okay, I'm not fine, but I need to do this. I can't get scared now." I take her hand, giving it a kiss and holding it by my mouth. I hate seeing her like this. "I know you want to go with me Luke, but I need to do this on my own. I need closure or at least something,"

I did try to convince her to let me go with her, but she denied every time. I can understand that, but I wanted to comfort her in some way. She let me drive her here, but is not even letting me walk her up to the house. Her mom's house actually. She's been dreading going, but she finally got the courage to do it.

She looks at me seriously, puts her hand to my face, "I'll be fine Luke, I promise." She gives me a kiss, "I'll call you when I'm done." With that she gets out of my car and struts her way to her mom's front door. I know she doesn't want me here, so I pull away from her house.

Ever since I mentioned her meeting her mom, she has been in her own world. She has been in deep thought, I usually have to shake her to make her get out of it. She has not been herself. And I hate it. She finally got the strength to come and face her mom, whom she hasn't talked to in months.

I am even nervous for her, I don't know what the outcome is going to be. I hope things will get resolved, but there's always a chance that they won't. I make my way back to my house, realizing I have band practice today, but I probably won't go.

The band has been falling apart. Whenever I go to practice, someone ends up not showing. We haven't been booking gigs anymore, our chemistry of what we use to have is gone. I don't know what had happened, maybe it's because of me and Michael, but honestly, I don't care. Whenever I see him there, I ignore him. We say choice words to each other, I think he finally knows his limits. No one ever brings up Andy.

I think we are close to calling it quits, which I am fine with. I am making more money at Zone then I ever did with them. If we do break the band up, I won't have to hid my bruises from anyone. It will also be a relief not to see Michael's face.

My thoughts are broken by the sound of my cell phone ringing, "Fuck," I say when I see it's on the floor of my car. I bend down to get it and answer the phone. "Hello?" I say slightly annoyed by whoever is calling.

"Hey," It's Austin, "Do you have a minute or something? We really need to talk." His voice sounds shaky, something I would never expect from him.

"Uh sure? Why what's going on?" I ask.

"I'll be over to your house in 10 minutes." He ends the call. Damn. That was really weird, I think back to when I last saw him, it was at Zone last night, he seemed fine then. He was not being strange like he was just then. I make my way back to my house, parking the car and going inside, no one is here as usual.

Ten minutes later there is a knock on my door, I go to answer it and Austin walks inside without a hello or anything. He starts pacing the room without looking at me. "Austin." I say, trying to get his attention. He doesn't look at me.

I grab his arm and he finally stops moving, "Austin, what the fuck is going on?" I say to him. I drop my arm, he still looks down, I'm pretty sure there are tears in his eyes, but I don't know for sure.

He backs away from me a little bit, he looks at me finally, there are defiantly tears. "I have to tell you something, and I don't know how well you are going to take it." Confusion is apparent on my face, I have no idea what he is talking about.