Chapter Sixteen - Bedrooms

As soon as I agreed to stay a week at Auradon, after being forced to by my sister and there being no other way to get back to the isle; I was engulfed in a hug by two squealing teenagers (Evie and Mal) before being brought into the castle to find my room and Ben went to notify Fairy Godmother and his parents.

They walked me towards the large opening to the front grounds of the school, marked by two towering, healthy hedges that also surround the front yard. The smooth concrete path winded towards the tall, wooden doors leading to the school
"This is where we were dropped off on our first day," Mal told me, gesturing to an open road that circles a large statue in the middle of the grounds. Around the far edge of the road and between another small opening in the hedge, crowds of young royals began to flood through from the coronation hall and make their way back to the castle- just as we were doing.

"Come on guys, we don't want to get caught in that crowd" Evie sand lightly, glancing back at flocks of students and slid an arm around me so that she could herd me into the school. I looked up at her, furrowing my eyebrows- I am not a little kid, I don't need to be guided everywhere!

We approached the white, stone steps that lead you up to the dark wooden doors. The girls excitedly showed me through the gray carpeted hallway containing two wooden spiral staircases which both seem to lead to the same overhanging balcony and onwards to a bigger hallway from each side. In the middle of the room were a single, light table holding a copper flower basin and a large amount of foliage hanging out of the top.

"Up this staircase is to our dorms and seeing as we have a spare bed, you can share with us!" Mal explained, cheerily and showed me up the right-hand spiral stair case and through to one of the leading hallways then only a corner or two away, stood the door to our bedroom.

Evie giggled, sickly, before slowly creaking open the door to our room. I was instantly confronted with a glare of pink light causing me to blink profoundly and glance down at the darker gray hall carpet to contrast the pink glow of our room.

I slowly ambled into our room, it was a good size- not overly big or extravagant, but enough room to comfortably hold us and to move about in. In one corner stood a deep blue four poster bed, matching royal blue curtains and pillows with love hearts atop of them. A couple meters away from that bed was a plain bed, you could tell that it was habited due to the ruffled duvet cover hanging slightly from the mattress and a worn, leatherback book laying on the table to the side.

I walked over to the side of the bed and to where the book was kept. Slowly reaching out, I gently picked up the worn object and lifted open the front cover, written in a light, faded, cursive handwriting were multiple directions on how to perform the certain spells.
"It's mom's old spell book" Mal explained, wandering up behind me and reading the book over my shoulder. Mom must have given Mal this book when she was brought over to the isle to steal the wand
"If I remember clearly, you used to stay up nights on end, reading this exact book" Mal smiled and I glanced around to face her
"Mom got so mad, told me how we'd never get a chance to use it as we'd never be as bad as her" I murmured, sliding my forefinger under the next ancient, torn page and turned it over.

Mal laughed as she recalled the memory and I spent another moment looking over the book before gently placing it back down on Mal's bed and turning around. There was only one other bed left in the room that was unoccupied; It had crisp, cream and baby pink floral duvet cover and matching pink pillows- so many pillows! It was placed at the far right of the room with a white, wooden table next to it just like the other two. There was a small, cream window seat against the wall between Mal and I's beds, around the window were two large, floral pink net curtains.

"It, erm, very bright" I stated, moving over to my bed and tugging on my floral bed sheets
"Yeah, of course, you can do anything you want to it- to make you feel like home" Evie explained, way too excitedly.
"No offense, E" I started, putting deep emphasis on the 'E' as that is what Mal calls her "But this is never going to feel like home to me" Maybe because it's too girly, maybe because it is too bright but mostly... Harry isn't here, or Uma, I don't know if I'm gonna survive this week without them- we have been together since we were kids!

Mal raised an eyebrow at me, trying to inaudibly tell me to be kind to people causing me to roll my eyes at her pettiness
"Anyway... We're going have to find you something else to wear- you can't be wearing this" Evie announced to me as she held up my cutlass belt and motioned to my outfit

"I am never wearing a princess' dress, don't even try me" I snapped as I moved out of her grasp but proceeded to unclasp my belt anyway and push it under my bed.

Both Evie and Mal then left the room with the excuse that they were going to find me something to wear, so I finally had a few minutes to myself. I slowly ambled towards the window sea before kneeling down on the cloth and looking out around the grounds. From our windows, you can see the back gardens and a pure white gazebo in the middle of a sea of green grass and flowers, towards the left of the garden, was a large, curling river which travels down past the side of the castle. On the other side of the river was a deep forest of dark green which seemingly covers a good amount of Auradon, but just past the trees, looking out across the beautiful, shimmering ocean was my home. You could just about see the once functional bridge tower, we used to climb up that same brickwork and sit atop of the edges but it began to crumble and slump so that it was no longer climbable.

To the left of the isle, against the shoreline is where I should be right now, I could almost picture the light bobbing of the boats over the waves and the ropes pulling against the sea withered, wooden docks. My boyfriend and I, strolling down the cracked pathway towards the fish and chip shop to tell Uma that today's jobs were finished and update her about anything we knew of our crew. We would then make our way into the mainland of the isle, terrorizing citizens in our path, I would most likely bring him to one of my old hideouts- like a cracked, abandoned apartment that I found when I was around ten years old. If you could climb up the broken stairwell that hung a few feet off the ground- making it difficult anybody not strong or flexible enough to get in there.

I miss it... I miss him, his sky blue eyes that I get lost in so easily, his dark, chestnut hair that lazily flops down against his forehead when he wears his hat, but when he takes it off and I run my fingers through his untamable mop which I know he loves me to do.

It may be a lot harder than i previously thought to stay here for an entire week, how am I ever going to cope? Going to class? Trying to make friends with princesses? Whilst all I want to do is to go home...