I'm getting engaged to him?

This is the last chapter that I'll be posting today! Please show your support by Voting, commenting and sharing.

Enjoy!

*************************************************************

Daisy

"What! NO! I don't wanna get married to someone I don't know! And that too, at age 18!!!" I screech shooting up from my seat.

"You won't get married now, you're too young. But you're going to be engaged till you both graduate college. Daisy, please don't question me on this one." He says tiredly and I notice the big bags under his eyes since the first time that I've entered the study making me feel like the worst daughter in the world. That still doesn't make me relent though.

"I'm not selling the rest of my life away just so you can make profits" I say walking out of the study and slamming the door before walking angrily to my room.

I furiously throw all my pillows at the door and glare at nothing imagining it was the stupid idiot I was supposed to marry. Unwillingly,my mind goes to Hunter. Maybe I was secretly hoping that the kiss might have been a start of...........

No, no, no Daisy don't go there. That would be a perfect recipe for disaster and heartbreak.

Now instead, I'm going to be engaged to a rich conceited jerk who might think he can treat me anyhow just because we are in an arranged marriage.

Ughh, why would Dad do this to me?

Should I pack and run away?

I dismiss that silly idea as soon as it comes up in my head,I couldn't ever do that to my father. No matter how angry I am at him, I'm all he's got and he's all I've also got.

A knock sounds on my door and I tell the person to come in.The door opens to reveal Mrs. Violet. When she sees the expression on my face,she comes closer and sits on the bed cautiously.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asks kindly.

She's been like my mom since the demise of my real mom and since I can tell my mom anything, I don't even think twice before I start to vent all my anger. After I finish, I stay quiet panting because of the amount of yelling I just did and waiting for Mrs. Violet to speak.

"Daisy, you have to know that no matter what, your father  loves you beyond measure. In fact, he was the one who sent me here to plead with you that he has nothing to gain from this and that this is all for your benefit." She soothes.

"How is an arranged marriage gonna be to my benefit? I won't even be able to marry someone I love!" I yell and then feel bad because she was only trying to help.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you" I apologize resigned.

"It's okay dear. But tell me, do you have someone you currently love?" She asks.

Of course I don't but that still doesn't.......

Hunter

Huh, why does his name pop up at odd times. He's been practically living in my head since we came back from camp and I won't lie and say I don't miss him. I miss how he gives me his food, how he takes care of King like we both own him, how he wraps his arms around my waist at night, I even miss his friends.

I lower my head and shake my head negatively in answer to Mrs. Violet's question.

She smiles and places her hand on my shoulder "It may not be as bad as you're imagining it to be. This will help your father have a rest of mind" She replies discretely smiling as if she knows something I don't.

I sigh "I don't really have a choice in this, do I?" I ask frowning and she mumbles a 'not really'.

"I'll only go along with this on one condition" I say steeling my mind not to be swayed by any other bargain.

"Then you better go see your dad and tell him about it" She states patting my back and walking out of my room.

I brace myself and go back to my Dad's study. I enter without knocking and see him staring at my mom's picture; he seems unaware of my entrance.

"If only you were here Elena. I don't know how to do this" He mumbles in a shaky voice while wiping tears from his face.

My heart breaks at the sight of my father crying and I go to hug him. He hastily wipes his eyes to avoid me see him cry but it's too late.

"I'll do it" I say breaking away from his hug.

He turns his head to me surprised that I got over my fit so fast.

"But, on one condition" I add before he can say anything.

"What's your condition?" He asks calmly.

"If I don't like this person within three months, you have to cancel the engagement" I state without any mellowness in my voice.

He mulls it over in his mind for a few minutes before he nods. "Okay princess" He replies and I exhale in relief.

His phone rings and he turns his eyes to me making me take it as a sign to excuse him. He's back in business mode.

I spend the rest of the day lazing around with King till it comes to the time when the family of the guy I was supposed to get married to was coming for dinner.

I hurriedly get dressed in a blue gown and pull my hair to the side. I don't bother putting on make-up, maybe if I look less appealing,the boy will say he doesn't want to get married to me.

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride.

As I descend the stairs with king on my heels, I hear the faint voice of people greeting each other and also the bark of another dog making King run ahead. I approach the sitting room and I see a good looking couple sitting together with a small girl of about ten years old carrying a dog so similar to King in her arms.

"Please pardon my daughter Lily, she refuses to go anywhere without her dog, except school" The man who I assume is the father of my soon to-be fiance says to my dad smiling making the corners of his eyes crinkle and I conclude that he is someone who smiles a lot.

"No problem, she's an adorable little girl. My daughter,Daisy has a dog exactly like this, in fact here they both are" He nods his head to King's and I way and all three remaining set of eyes turn to us.

When King notices that there is another dog in the house, he runs up to Lily and Lily's eyes light up when she sees King. She picks him up and King tries to jump out of her arms to reach the other dog. She drops both of them after petting them and the two dogs run off to play.

My dad introduces me to them and them to me as Mr. and Mrs.Stone with their daughter Lily. They excuse their son who was on his way. Who cares? I hope he's delayed till the dinner is over.

Stone. That name sounds awfully familiar.

Wait a minute, isn't that Hunter's last name?

I shake off the stupid thought because I'm sure there are a lot of Stones in the world.

After 10 minutes, Mrs. Violet announces that Dinner is ready and we all move to the dining room. The doorbell chimes and Mrs. Violet goes to open it followed by two set of footsteps.

"My son is finally here" Mr. Stone announces joyfully and I turn to see who I'm getting engaged to before the fork drops from my grasp in shock.

It's Him?

I'm getting engaged to him?

***************************************************

Who do you think Daisy is getting engaged to? Please comment your thoughts :)

And remember, if you liked it please don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share :D

Stay Awesome ^_^

                                                                                                          Love, Yvonne.