Tord #Stormy Night#

A/N: This one may be a little bit short as I was stumped for ideas, but at least it's fluffy and adorable!

Request for: TheWorldBoresMe

Rain pounded harsh against the glass of your bedroom windows. Flashes of lightning made the dark room come alive with harsh highlights and stark shadows. But the worst part of this storm was the booming thunder that ran out across the sky.

Thunder scares the shit out of you.

For awhile you didn't move, just stayed curled up on your bed. You had cocooned yourself in your red blanket, hoping that might help you to calm down, or even let you fall asleep.

The blanket was doing neither of those things.

Tord had been cooped up in his lab since that morning. While you hated to bother him, especially when he was working, you were terrified, and as your boyfriend it was his job to comfort you.

Slowly you wormed your way off the bed, standing on shaking legs. Still wrapped in the thin blanket you shuffled over to the wall and felt around for the picture frame hanging from it. Lightning flashed and thunder roared out again, causing you to jump and quicken your pace to remove both pictures from the wall.

It was a little hard to see just what you were doing, with how dark the room was, but you managed to find the lever embedded in the wall and pull it down.

Bright light flooded in from the lab, causing you to shield your eyes with a flap of the blanket.

You spotted the Norwegian hunched over his desk, hard at work on, well, something. Waddling up to him it became even more clear to you that he didn't want to be disturbed, but you were too afraid to care.

Gently you reached out, tapping him on the shoulder. All this action got you was a disgruntled "What?" And a mumble of, "I'm busy."

At first, you were going to tell him how scared you were. You decided against that, however, when you realized he'd probably laugh at you for being such a scaredy-cat. For a moment you said nothing, until a better idea came to mind.

"Fine..." You mumbled, just loud enough for him to hear over the pouring rain, "I'll just go cuddle Tom then..."

Suddenly the horn-haired man slammed his hands down onto his work table, causing you to jump. He threw down whatever he been working on. Swiveling his chair around so he was facing you, Tord pulled you down onto his lap, nuzzling his face into the crook of your neck.

"Like hell you will." He growled, hugging you tighter, "What's wrong?" He asked, trying not to let his jealousy get the better of him.

As if in answer thunder rang out again. You squealed in fear and buried your face into his chest, the familiar smell of metal that seeped from his red hoodie brought you comfort. Quickly, Tord 'shh'ed you, running a hand through your (H/C) hair.

"Don't tell me you're scared of a little storm, min dronning?" He chuckled.

You gave a whine, and nodded in response, clutching onto him all the tighter in the midst of your fear.

Shifting you in his arms the red hooded Norwegian stood up. Refusing to let go of your comfort source, you wrapped your legs around his waist and clung onto him tighter still.

With careful steps your boyfriend carried you back into the main bedroom where you had cowered moments before, closing the lab behind you both with the press of a button. You gripped onto his hoodie tighter, hands shaking and knuckles turning white with the force of your hold as the storm outside grew worse.

Tord sat down on the bed, unraveling the blanket from around you to instead hold you all the closer. Subconsciously you snuggled closer to him. His hold was warm, and brought you both the comfort and the desire to sleep that you originally sought.

"You don't need to fear the storm min elskide, I will protect you always, from everything and anything." A shudder passed through you as he whispered deeply into your ear.

The rain fell harder and the wind howled just outside your window. You let the sounds of his voice and calm breathing wash over you.

Slowly, you softened your grip, leaning into him.

"That's it, good~ You're safe here liten lam~" He crooned, rubbing a hand up and down your back soothingly.

Thunder growled louder still, but Tord's calming actions kept your fear at bay. Your eyelids began to feel heavy as you openly welcomed the exhaustion that claimed your body.

"You see (Y/N)~? I will protect you, I will protect what is mine~" He hummed lowly, "Now sove, min vakker (Y/N)~"

Whether or not you understood his words meant, you listened and obeyed, allowing his lightly accented voice to lull you to sleep.

"Jeg elsker deg." You heard him mumble.

"Jeg elsker deg øsga" You whispered as you drifted to sleep in his loving arms.

A/N: Ya, sorry it was kinda short, but hey it was super cute and adorable, and I'm proud of it regardless! -Daybreak