130 - Beautiful Child

Heaven have not forsaken me

For You are the Light

Gifted to me in the darkness of Night

Do not be afraid my dear,

My morning star,

My joy - do not fear

Let me be your guide

Hold my hand - let me walk with you

Forever, by your side

I held onto Juyi while I recited the poem in a soft whisper. With a gentle smile, I watched my three month old baby sleeping within my arms. Every day that passes, I thank the heaven for little Juyi's growth. Every moment that my baby wakes and reached for my hand, my heart filled with new found joy. I never knew what happiness was. I didn't know the feeling was so warm - so fulfilling.

"Little Juyi..."

At the soft sound of my voice, Juyi woke with soft laughter. Smiling brightly, I held my son closer to my heart. It had only been recent since Juyi begin to laugh, but already, I crave the sound more than anything else in the world.

"Wang Fei, the meal is ready" Jumao had been at my side, watching with a warm smile. "Before the meal gets cold, Wang Fei should eat"

I lifted my attention from Juyi to the table filled with food. Normally, the Prince would be in the room before the food was brought out.

"Where is the Prince?"

Jumao's smile faltered. I could see the hesitation in her eyes as she tried to explain the Prince was currently busy with some guests in the main hall. Looking back at the baby in my arms, I pressed a soft kiss on Juyi's cheek.

"Let's go meet your father's family..."

Meanwhile, in the main hall, Wu Jian stood before the Emperor and Empress of Wu Xi - both in normal attire instead of their royal robes. For several weeks now, the Empress had sent her request to see Wu Jian. Each time, Wu Jian denied her request. She had wanted to speak to him, but he did not care to listen. It now came to the point where Empress Wenqian had to come to his estate in order to see him. But all she was given was his indifference and cold attitude.

Empress Wenqian did not understand why her grandson was stubborn even now that Princess Wu Ting have died. She had thought that with the princess death - all their feud could come to an end.

"Jian..."

The Empress gave a sharp gasp when Ruyi suddenly appeared.

"Ruyi, what are you doing out?" Wu Jian rushed to her side -shielding everyone's view of the frail woman. "Go back to our room. Jumao! Take Wang Fei back now"

"Jian... please..."

Wu Jian's arm tightened around her shoulders while Ruyi looked up into his eyes.

"W_ What happened?" Was all the Empress could muster out.

The sight of Ruyi's white hair stunned both the Empress and Emperor. Despite what had happened, no one knew Ruyi's appearance had changed greatly after her birth. Wu Jian had made sure none of the maids or midwife spoke of it.

"What did you think happened?" Wu Jian bit out angrily.

The sharp tone of Wu Jian's voice caused the Empress to stepped back. The poison. Guilt filled Empress Wenqian entire being.

"Jian" Ruyi spoke gently to Wu Jian before stepping out his arm to face the Empress and Emperor. "Ruyi greets your Majesties..."

The Emperor and Empress heart shook at the sight of the small bundle in Ruyi's arms.

"Juyi... Say hello to father's grandmother and grandfather..."

Juyi's laughter moved the Empress' heart.

"Can I see him?"

"No!" Wu Jian denied the Empress request with his arm again around Ruyi.

"Jian... Juyi deserve to meet his great grandparents..."

But Wu Jian refused to let Ruyi stepped out from his arm.

"Please Jian..."

Only when Ruyi pleaded him that he reluctantly let go.

"Juyi, this is your great grandmother"

The Empress stood close to Ruyi to look at the lovely baby. Instantly, her heart broke at the sight of the baby's beautiful glazed gray eyes.

"Would her majesty like to hold Juyi?"

Empress Wenqian couldn't speak as her trembling hands lifted. Carefully, Ruyi placed the small baby in the Empress' arms.

"Your majesty..."

Ruyi was startled when the Empress' tears fell onto the baby's cheek.

"I'm sorry..."

The Empress voice shook while the baby tiny cold hands lifted to touched her face. Hearing the child sweet laughter, the guilt struck deeper to her soul. There was nothing else she could say or do but look at the baby in her arms.

"Let this great grandfather hold him"

The Emperor could see the pain growing each passing moment the Empress held onto the baby. Taking the child, the Emperor laughed softly when Juyi tiny hands lifted to touch his beard.

"Juyi" The Emperor chuckled seeing Juyi laughing and playing with his beard. "A beautiful name for a beautiful child"

With Juyi carefully in one arm, the Emperor reached inside his robe to pull out a green jade medallion, carved in a shape of a dragon with two character Long Xing on the body. Ruyi watched with a soft smile as the Emperor held the medallion above the baby and laughed when Juyi took hold of it and put it in his mouth.

"It is yours" The Emperor smiled as he put the gold thread around the baby's neck.

Handing the baby back to Ruyi, the Emperor watched as the young mother held her baby lovingly in her arms.

"As promised, I have chosen the name Long Xing for your child" The Emperor said gently to Ruyi. "May he grow with joy and laughter"

"Ruyi thanks his majesty for his grace. Only with your majesty love and care will Juyi grow with joy and laughter"

The Emperor soft smile reassured Ruyi's heart. On the other hand, Wu Jian was not happy with Ruyi's words.