Gucci Model on the Runway

The next day at school, I nervously walk into 1st period English class. Jungkook was already there in his regular seat, grinning in my direction. He never comes to class early. Why was he smiling at me? We literally fought yesterday.

     Ji Hee bumps past me and hits my shoulder with her Burberry handbag. She scurries and sits beside Jungkook. But he says, "Nah I don't want you to sit next to me, I want y/n."

    He smiles again and taps the seat next to him. Everyone stares at me and I nervously sit down.
Ji hee rolls her eyes, but she still stays near our desk.

    "I swear I'm going to find that Victoria's Secret Scammer and I will punish that person. All actions have consequences!" she pounded her fist against mine and Jungkook's desk.

     Jungkook replies, "I know right? What a sick prank. He or she is definitely a lot closer than we think..they're probably in this classroom, probably someone who usually comes to class early.." He winks at me.

     Ji Hee smacks her palm against her forehead. "Oh I know who it is! It's Fred!"
     Jungkook exclaimed, "Why do you guys usually blame Fred? He isn't even part of our English class!"

     "I don't know. He just seems too suspicious. Someone who's that invested into his books probably holds a dark secret," Ji Hee explained.
    Fred moonwalks into the room and points his fingers at Ji Hee. "You got that right, baby!" he clicks his tongue than walks backwards on his way out.
    Ji Hee gags in disgust. Okay not gonna lie, I lowkey ship Ji Hee and Fred.

     But that's how it went for the next day as well. Jungkook would make teasing comments about the chalkboard, and I'd try to have a conversation about anything else, but he'd ignore me. I kept saying hi, but he kept rolling his eyes and he avoided me. Until Wednesday.

    "I've narrowed down the suspects to 14 people in this class. Ugh this is so much harder than I thought!" Ji Hee whined and ruffled her hand through her noticeable hair extensions.

     Jungkook rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath, "And you are so much more annoying that I thought," so I could only hear it. I covered my mouth and with my hand and snorted.

     The bell rang and everyone sat down in their seats. I overheard Chul laughing to Ji Hee, "Did you see what Elijah was wearing in school today?" He continues whispering into Ji Hee's ear and she says, "Shut up, no way."

All throughout the class, I heard Chul, Ji Hee and their fellow douchebags friends whispering about a boy in our grade, Elijah.
         Elijah was an aspiring fashion designer and had a keen interest in makeup. I thought his passion was cool. He was so enthusiastic and worked hard for his dream at such a young age. But of course most of the people in our grade didn't think it was interesting and he was considered an outsider.

The bell rang, indicating that class was over. Our class walked out the room, and we saw a crowd of students grouped together in the hallway. I couldn't tell who they were surrounding but teens were shouting. Was it a fight?

I pushed my way through the students and saw Elijah posing in the middle of the crowd . He was wearing a lavender, sleeveless dress with a slit through the side. He looked beautiful.
        I don't think that the students thought that. They were laughing, pointing and taking pictures. Elijah seemed happy so maybe I was misunderstanding it.

     "Damn Elijah your body! You ended IU," Chul snorts and takes a picture.
   The seniors join taking pictures and posting it on their social media. I saw one of the seniors taking a picture, captioning it "BRUHHHH💀💀💀" and posting on their Snapchat. Most of the crowd began whistling and everyone shouted, "ELIJAH!!"
     I felt so uncomfortable. I don't think he knew that people were laughing at him, but he enjoyed the attention. I felt really bad. They're making fun of Elijah, but Elijah doesn't understand.