Not Done

Chapter Twenty - Not Done

I stretched as the sunlight warmed my face. Tossing on the bed, I faced the other side and took a deep breath in the rich, alluring scent.

Hmm..

Why is that scent so familiar?

I buried my face into the pillows and sighed in relief but it was all momentary as the events of last night came back to me, making my eyes snap open.

Alec!

Was it all a dream?

I sat up in the bed, causing the covers to slide down and reveal my exposed body. I quickly brought them up and tucked them under my arms.

Pushing my hair out of my face, I looked around at the messy sheets and then at my dress neatly lying on the couch.

It really happened.

A tingle ran down my spine as the images of us together came back to my mind and I looked down at my wrist, remembering the way he had kissed it briefly.

I bit my lip to stop the smile as a blush crept its way to my cheeks. Shutting my eyes for moment, I recalled the daunting look in his eyes last night.

Get over it, Scarlet. My conscience scolded me.

Letting out a laugh, I stepped out of the bed, wrapping the sheets tightly around me before slipping out of his room.

My heart was beating rapidly, thinking about what he would have to say about last night. He would say something, right?

Where was he anyway?

I frowned at the empty living room and quickly went upstairs to the pool but he wasn't there either. The kitchen was empty too but there was breakfast on the island. I finally noticed his used dishes.

Had he left for work already? I looked up at the wall clock and realized that it was 8:30 a.m.

He doesn't leave that early and even if he does, he could make an exception today. Damn! He should have made an exception today.

We slept together!

He can't just walk out like that.

Only he can.

I scowled at the thought. That's what we talked about that day, right?

That I was not the person who would leave it to just one night. Well, I told him he was wrong. What if that's what this is about?

That it was just a one night thing for him?

Is it something more for you, Scar? A voice came from my head.

I plopped down on the island stool and held my head in my hands. Am I being paranoid?

Hell yes I am!

What if all this meant nothing to him?

Then, it shouldn't mean anything to you either.

I shut my eyes and groaned.

Shaking my head clear of the thoughts, I prepared myself some coffee to calm my racing thoughts.

Whatever it is that was going on in his mind, will be acknowledged once he returns in the evening.

Right! I shouldn't think too much into it.

After having my breakfast, I took a long shower and stepped out of my room to watch TV for sometime but almost jumped when I found someone sitting at the couch.