🍑Shard

Chapter Seven

The night was chilly and I pulled my sweater around myself tighter as I held Rose close. She giggled as we watched Tam punch Jeff in the face a couple more times, her eyes wild and her hair flying in all directions.

"Where's. My. Son?!" She screamed between blows while Jeff tried to grab her hands, laughing hysterically as she sat on him.

His laughter only made her angrier.

"You really think I care where that worthless sack of shit is?" Jeff laughed, blood dripping from the corners of his mouth and out his nose.

I sighed, scratching my head while turning away and pulling Rose along with me. I doubt Jeff had anything to do with Micah's disappearance.

Knowing him, he would have owned up to it by now, bragged about it even. I needed to find Offenderman and the other Slender brothers. Nothing like this has ever happened before and it was freaking me out though I tried to remain calm.

I hadn't seen him in a while too and that was the weirdest thing so far since he never spent much time away from me. Rose kept asking if she was in trouble to which I had to keep telling her no; none of this was her fault.

But if Jeff wasn't to blame for Micah's disappearance, who was?

When we got back to the mansion and stepped into the sitting area it was like a conference room. Slenderman and everyone else that was present were gathered and there was a hum of chatter. Rose had slipped out of my hold to play with Splendy and when I didn't spot Offender I excused myself, going to our bedroom.

The door was ajar and I raised a brow as I stepped in closing it behind me.

"Hello?"

Nothing. Slender had told me he hadn't seen him in a while too. What a coincidence then he should disappear the same day Micah does.

Wait, was I suspecting my own husband?

He was bad but there's no way he had anything to do with Micah's disappearance, besides if it was him Rose would have known. She said she had never seen the person before. I should have probably asked her for a better description.

I sat on the bed slowly, racking my brain and trying to figure out what could have happened, hoping to find something, anything that would point me in the right direction.

I barely noticed when a dark shadow fell across my face and he was sitting down next to me before I looked up.

Wordlessly, he took my hand and placed something in it, I looked down to see the small circular object and my heart began to race in my chest.

"Why did you bring this here?" His voice was a lot calmer than I expected.

My mouth opened and closed but I couldn't find the words to say. Could that be the cause of Micah's disappearance?

As if he read my mind Offender tutted and got to his feet.

"Wait wait!" I clutched at his hand and gasped lightly at how cold he was. With equally cold eyes he looked down at me.