3. Designer of their own catastrophe

They are their own creators, creators of the torn self that they are today. They both themselves are the architects, the builders and the painters.

-The Golden Girl

******************************

She stood up from the chair, held the tears that were threatening to spill and stormed out of the room. Her eyes instantly went to the flower vase that was on the floor, shattered into pieces.

The voices were getting louder by every second and fear was lurching in her mind. It was her mom and dad. They kept on shouting at each other, one throwing dirty remarks to the other. Apparently it came to know that Arthur Lockwood is cheating on his wife, Veronica, aka, Faye's mother.

But you know what's the funny thing here? Veronica had been waiting for this day since the moment she stepped in this palace like mansion, stepped in these halls. Their marriage was nothing, nothing but an agreement, an agreement for the benefit of the Lockwood industry. Faye's mother and father never actually witnessed the power of love, for them, it's one of those useless things that matters the least in their lives.

Now, Veronica can leave, leave cause the society knows about her husband's dirty handiworks.

"I need the papers as soon as possible." Faye heard her mother say.

They were parting their ways, not even thinking about their child. That's how it is now, no one cares, everyone's just too dedicated to themselves.

"Do you think I care? She will be in college the next year, we don't have to stick together just for her, she knows how to take care of herself and if not, she will have to learn." Arthur responded.

"She is the only living heir of our industry."

They aren't good parents but, but they are the best in business.

Her own parents outshine her. Her own parents think that she's nothing but burden.

"We should talk in my office. I don't want her to hear."

"About your dirty works?" Veronica scoffed.

Once, Faye had someone by her side, who witnessed these fights with her, once she had someone who genuinely cared about her, who loved her, once she had Sumner, Sumner Lockwood but... but just like the wind blows and the autumn comes and goes away, she walked away.

Yes, she has everything one can ever ask for, she has money, looks, a social life, descendants that devotes her, she has people that actually want to be like her, want to live her life but... but they doesn't know, even if to some extent, money satisfy our needs, it can't buy happiness.

There's not a single day in Lockwoods family when they spend their time with each other, together. They don't do their dinner together, they don't just sit around and talk how was their day, they don't even get to look at each other's face actually. There's not a single time when Faye spends her time with her parents.

Their lives are corrupted, it revolves around nothing but name and fame... not around love, hope and care.

"Its not like you're any better Veronica." And Faye watched as a sly smirk occupied her father's face.