Part 9: The Little Mermaid (Jimin)

"Bet'cha on land they understand, Bet they don't reprimand their daughters, Bright young women sick of swimming, Ready to stand . . ."

"I don't want to do this ...", muttered the yellow tailed merman as he saw up to the large opening of the cave in front of him. After discussing his plan with the prince, J-Hope and the butler, he left them to try and persuade the witch to help them.

Taehyung had finally reached the mouth of the large cave with which she lived. The opening look similar to pointy shark teeth, a black hole in the middle of them. Taehyung had only ever swam past by it before, and had no desire to enter either, but he did it now for his closest friend.

Slowly and carefully, Tae swam into the dark cave entrance shaking as he went. The entrance opened up to a wide space filled with bottles of herbs and unknown liquids, vials of glowing potions on shelves that V dare not touch. In the center of the room was a large cauldron, mist flowing over the lip of the mouth.
Taehyung called out in a shaky voice, "H-hello? Is a-anyone here?"

He was replied with silence and in Tae's scared mind that meant he should leave, quickly. As V began to turn around a long black tentacle grabbed his arm, causing him to stop dead in his tracks.

"You come to me, you call out, but you go to leave before you get a reply? Now how would your human friends take that, hm?", a soft, suggestive voice came from the corner of the cave, in the shadows out of view.

Gasping, Taehyung asked, "How did you know about that?!"

"I know everything, dear. That is why you come to me, yes?", the voice spoke out once more, as the tentacle retracted back to the corner.

"Yes, we need you to exchange one the human's legs for a tail so that he can talk to the king."

"Ah yes, to talk to the king to persuade him to release the former captain of the army."

"Yes! Please we need your help, you are the only one you can do it."

The figure in the corner began to move, slowly coming out of the shadows so Taehyung to see her completely. Upon seeing her, Tae was terrified as he had never seen anyone who looked like her. But as he looked closer and the longer she was in view, he realized she was very pretty, in her own way.

    Moving to the center of the room towards the cauldron, her tentacles grabbed hold of different potions and herbs, dumping them into the cauldron before her

Moving to the center of the room towards the cauldron, her tentacles grabbed hold of different potions and herbs, dumping them into the cauldron before her. She stirred the concoction for a while, before grabbing an empty vial and filling it to an inch away from the opening. The witch sealed the vial, and handed it to Taehyung.

"This will turn your human friend into a mermaid for two hours, that's it", as she said this she opened up a cabinet, pulling out another vial with a pink potion inside. She also handed this to Taehyung, "Now this, if she wants it, will turn the former captain into a human. Forever."

Taehyung was confused and startled that she helped him so willingly, "Why are you helping me? I-I mean, I don't mind, but is there some sort of payment or something?"

Sighing, the witch moved back to the shadowed corner, laying down before replying, "No payment, no nothing. I'm not evil, though most people believe me to be. I've never had anyone, I know the feeling of being alone, I wish that on no one. That is why I help."

"Thank you. It means a lot, and you know what? I'll come back you don't have to be alone", V stated, a huge smile spreading across his face.

Unknown to Tae, the witch smiled. A small grateful smile, as she softly laughed, "Thank you, would you like to know something?"

"What?"

"I'm able to read minds. No one has ever thought I was pretty before."

Blushing, Tae began to stutter before yelling a quick goodbye, swimming off towards the mouth of the cave. When he did reach the mouth however, he stopped and smiled the blush still on his face. Thinking about his conversation with the witch, before shaking his head and swimming off towards the small cove where the prince awaits.

'I'll be back.'