Chapter 12

Something you should know about me if you didn't already know...I'm a complete and total klutz.

The sudden scream scared me half to death and in a panic, I jumped and slammed my head against Archer's.

I groaned in pain while rubbing my forehead. "You have a hard head." I mumbled.

"Your's isn't exactly soft." Archer grumbled.

"Whatever. Help me up."

Archer furrowed his eyebrows. "Why? What are you about to do?"

"Didn't you just hear that scream? Somebody could be in trouble."

Archer coughed and he sounded like he was struggling to contain his laughter.

I folded my arms across my chest and glared at him.

"What's so funny?"

"You are. Have you lost your mind? For all we know one of those masked freaks could have gotten to whoever that was and they could be headed this way right now."

I shook my head, ignoring him and tried to get up again but Archer placed his hands on my shoulders and pushed me back down on his lap.

"Gemma. You can't do anything for whoever it is. Don't you watch the scary movies where the dumb girl goes into the old abandoned house because she thought she heard something? That's exactly how you're acting right now."

"Well I don't think I heard something. I know I did and you heard it too. Now let me up."

"Why are you so set on this? It's not like if it was the other way around they'd help you. How many times do I have to tell you that? Do you not remember what that man tried to do to you back on the tracks?"

"You can say it however many times you want. I have to go see who it was." I tried to get up again but Archer only tightened his grip on my shoulders.

"Why?" he insisted.

I sighed in frustration. Why did I have to get stuck with Mr. Stubborn?

"Because it could be that little girl. She can't make it down here by herself. Hell, we can barely make it, so just imagine how she's doing. I have to find her Archer, so please don't try and stop me."

Archer stared at me for what felt like an eternity before he suddenly shifted and stood up and then he gently helped me to my feet.

Archer silently grabbed my hand and I had to resist the urge to pull my hand from his grasp. He was seriously messing with me.

Archer shook his head and sighed. "Let's go then Wonder Woman."