↳ TWO

WHATEVER DAN DID, Izzy did too — just slower, but as the newest deputy who had been assigned to follow his lead and learn the gist of the job through his guidance, her day consisted of the same things his did

    WHATEVER DAN DID, Izzy did too — just slower, but as the newest deputy who had been assigned to follow his lead and learn the gist of the job through his guidance, her day consisted of the same things his did. The only difference was that she was considered less qualified and a rookie, and therefore, she wasn't allowed to read through all the files or handle the worst of the worst. But she was allowed to stand by Detective Espinoza's side and be the good cop to his bad cop as they interviewed some possible suspects — which, of course, was a joke. There was no way Dan could be a bad, tough cop, feared by all and any. But he did have a darkness to him, Izzy figured that out eventually.

         "So, why exactly did you get demoted?", she wondered out loud while they were both seated in the interrogation room, from where another suspect had just been led out. It was only her first day in the LAPD, and she was already getting a taste of the real stuff, and getting along with her boss. To be honest, she could sense a friendship forming between the two of them — that was something she considered important. Getting along with her co-workers, being able to flow well with all of them. And Dan, well — she was already liking Dan and the way her sassy comments made him roll his eyes, but secretly smile.

        Giving a look to Izzy, Dan clearly wanted to dodge the question, but instead of fighting back, he decided to come clean with the truth. Sure, he wasn't much of a believer nor one to rely on God and salvation usually — especially with Lucifer always breathing down his neck — but he did deem lying another stain he didn't want on his already red ledger. "I stole evidence from lockup. I was being blackmailed into doing so, but it was a mistake that I did and now I'm dealing with the consequences", he sighed, and surprised by the twist she had not seen coming, Izzy offered a silent nod. "I guess it could be worse. I did get a pretty sweet deputy to help me out", he then gently nudged Izzy, who let a pure, adorable grin widen her soft lips.

        "For what it's worth, I think you're a good cop and an even better guy. I know, I know — I've only known you for a few hours, but I recognize a potential friend when I see one", she nudged him back, and as Dan chuckled quietly and shrugged, Izzy let the smile on her lips remain. "Hey, what's the deal with Lucifer Morningstar?", Izzy quickly changed the subject, though, her voice deepening as she moved her hands dramatically in the air, and the name that left her mouth instantly earned a profoundly tired groan from Dan, which made her snicker. Clearly, the two men weren't the best of friends — she didn't wonder, though. They did seem like polar opposites.

         "I'm gonna need to be at least a little bit drunk to explain that one", Dan joked, and faking a shocked gasp, Izzy placed a hand on her chest.

          "While working? Dan, I didn't expect this from you. Then again, you are the guy who just got demoted, so...", she teased, which earned a playful shove from him, leaving the two laughing as the door opened and another detective peeked through the crack.