24

"You're looking in the wrong cupboard." I jumped and put my hand over my heart, frowning at a grinning Damon.

He was leaning on the doorframe, watching me search through the cupboards. "Damon, go away I'm not in the mood."

Damon tilted his head and pushed himself off the doorframe. He crouched down to my height and looked at me. "What's wrong Riley?"

I sighed and looked at him. "I just need a drink."

It was the middle of the night and I had a nightmare about Kol, he hunted and drank from me.

So I decided to get myself a drink of something to help me relax.

He nodded and stood up, opening a cupboard that I never checked and took out a bottle of bourbon. I stood up and smiled.

"Something like this?" Damon asked, waving the bottle and smiling.

I hummed. "Definitely."

Damon got two glasses and while he poured the drinks, I sat down on the sofa. Touching my neck, I couldn't help but cringe remembering that Kol almost bit me.

However, it wasn't his fault. It was Kai.

The thought of Kai made me frown. "What's got you so frowny?" Damon asked me, sitting down with the glasses of bourbon.

He handed me my glass and I thanked him, taking a sip. "Kai." I said. "And Kol, they make me so angry."

Damon sipped his drink and pouted. "Poor Riley."

I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder. "Poor Riley." I repeated with a small nod.

"So, what has you up and snooping in my house so early?"

Running my finger across the rim of the glass, I sighed. "Bad dream."

"Let me guess, you didn't see my face?"

I chuckled lightly. "If your face was there Damon, it would have been a nightmare."

He gasped, his hand over his heart and I flashed a grin. "You're lucky that you make me laugh or you'd be gone."

I rolled my eyes, shoving his arm. "Come on Damon, you know you love me way too much."

He hummed and i held up my glass. Damon smiled. "To forgetting."

I hummed. "To forgetting."

++++

KAI'S P.O.V -

"Morning." I smiled at Damon. He frowned and tried to shut the door but I waved my hand and opened it again. Shaking my head, I took off my jacket. "So rude."

Damon rolled his eyes. "Kai, what do you want?"

I shrugged and picked up an apple from the kitchen. I took a bite. "I was bored."

He ran his hands through his hair. "Kai, Riley is-"

"Still mad?" I guessed.

"Just a bit."

I hummed. "I don't see why because she obviously enjoyed our kiss."

"Gross." Damon murmured.

"Jealous Damon?" I raised a brow, grinning as I bit into the apple.

Damon pulled a confused face. "Jealous of what?"

I smiled. "That Ri likes me."

"I'm pretty sure she hates your guts."

I shrugged. "Trust me." I said. "Riley loves me."

"Why is he here and where is the food?" I looked to see the girl herself walk into the kitchen. I grinned and waved and she frowned at me. "Damon explain."