II

Your POV:
I sat on an overlook underneath a tree, not too far from the side of the main road leading to the mansion. I found this spot not long after the tremors began to occur. I remember the first time it happened.
Professor Xavier had just closed the school earlier that day. There was this mutant, Raven, who could disguise herself to look like anyone. She had lived in the mansion with the Professor since they were children, and the day she left to join Magneto, something snapped in him. Professor Xavier had promised me that he'd help me with my own powers, but now he barely acknowledged his own.
That was the night when it started. It was the same nightmare that always played in my head, the endless loop of my exploding house. I would've probably blew up half of the mansion if it wasn't for Professor Xavier sensing what was going on.
He said that sensing my suffering was the last straw. That he couldn't live with his powers anymore.
Raven's departure even took a toll on Hank. Sure, he had always wanted to suppress his powers, to be normal. But I could sense the sadness in his chest when she left, a sadness that still remained there. He said he was fine.
I knew he wasn't.
I stood up and examined my hands. They were still trembling.
I clamped my eyes shut and attempted to stop them.
But they wouldn't. They just wouldn't stop.They just shook, and shook, and shook, and then...
"What the fuck is wrong with me!?" I screamed at the ebony sky as my hands involuntarily shot out a blue surge of energy.
The surge hit the tree square in its trunk, and obliterated it from existence with an explosion. I fell to the ground and sobbed hysterically until I was physically incapable of crying.
Then I rose up, brushed off my legs, and followed the dirt path back.
"I'm fine," I whispered to myself.
I knew I wasn't.

*

My blood cells meandered across the slide, bumping into one another. One would occasionally glow, then another, like stars twinkling in the night.
How could something so beautiful cause so much harm?
I heard footsteps enter the lab and drew my eye away from the microscope. Hank was standing there, sorting through the stack of mail in his hands.
"You got a package," he stated handing me a small parchment-wrapped box.
"Thanks Hank, you can just leave it here for now," I replied grabbing a yellow vial.
He set the parcel down on the metal table and asked,
"Did you watch the news last night?"
"No. What's wrong?" I replied extracting some of the yellow serum into an eye dropper.
"This Trask guy...what if they actually pass his plan?"
I sensed fear in the pit of his stomach.
"You mean the Sentinels?"
I bit my lip in thought and added,
"I don't know. I guess it's all the more reason for this."
I held up the mutation suppressant serum in the eye dropper and squeezed a bit into the slide with my blood sample. I peered through the microscope and watched. The yellow solution mixed into my blood and quickly diminished the glow of my mutant cells until they were no longer discernible from the rest.
"Well?" Hank questioned.
I looked up to meet his eyes and answered,
"It works."