|Sixteen|

Moving in with Owen seemed like the most natural thing in the world. A decision I hadn't come to regret or doubt; my life having turned for the better.

A few months had passed- Jurassic World now being 'the' place to be- so work was pretty full on. Heat stroke, sprains, breaks, heart attacks even a premature labour thrown in there to mix it all up, has kept me busy over the summer. 

We had managed to address Clair with our predicament and it's safe to say that Debbie doesn't work here anymore. Clair understood how undermining Debbie was. Other doctors and nurses had reported her because of her despicable behaviour. She had previously been giving a warning- written and verbal. So that was her third strike. 

Rain season is approaching so numbers will begin to, hopefully, dwindle slightly to give us all a break. Long hours should become a little less intimidating and tiring.

Sitting on the couch, snuggled up in lazy shorts and one of Owen's large jumpers; I was currently video calling my adoptive brother- Adam.

"You move house?" He questions as he moves around his lavish kitchen back in the UK. His thin, tall frame moving around the stylish benches elegantly as he makes breakfast for himself and his 3 year fiancé-  it's evening for Owen and I.
I don't answer straight away, instead tucking my knees up to my chest and hide behind the green cuffs of the jumper, "... maybe?" I squeak.

"No!" He shouts excitedly, suddenly jumping in front of his laptop to get a better look at the screen, "When?" He sounds like his mother, Helen, a sixty year old widow with bobbed brown hair and fawn brown eyes (something both of them share).

"Few months ago," I smile as he chuckles to me, shaking his buzzed head at me. 

"I'll have to have a word with this Owen about his intentions with my Zoe." he smirks but I know he's being serious behind his joking.

"When? At you're wedding?" I smile shyly while he smiles at the mention of his big occasion in two weeks time.

"If I have too," he smirks whilst pulling back the cuffs of his light grey shirt, "and I'll have to have a word with you too, Missy" he glares playfully,
"What?" I gasp, my hands falling from my face.
"You've been ignoring my calls! I like to know that my little sister hasn't been eaten by the things they splice in those labs. And moving in with your wooer is a big thing! I need to know this stuff Zoe." he comments as he begins to chop up a variety of vegetables to steam.   
"Well I'm fine and I haven't been eaten...yet." I tease.

"One day something is going to get out," he puts down the knife and looks at me, his pixel eyes showing his concern, "I just want my Zoe back home safely."
"I know," I say quietly, looking down at my hands in my lap. Twisting them together shyly. 

We're interrupted by the sound of the front door opening to my right. Looking up, I see a worn out Owen kicking off his boots before he walks over to me and takes me up in his arms so that he now sits on my spot on the couch and I'm straddling him. Our lips meeting hungrily as he holds my hips in place.

"Ew!" I hear from the laptop, suddenly I'm pulling quickly away from a smirking Owen,
"I don't want a front seat for the making of my niece or nephew thanks."

"Hi Adam," Owen mumbles against my lips as he lays me down beneath him with my back flush against the sofa, whilst he peppers my neck with kisses.

The rush of heat to my face has my cheeks beetroot red as I hide under Owens larger form from my brother, pushing gently on his chest in attempt to get him to stop whilst beginning to giggle slightly. 
"Owen!" I hear Adams warning, whilst Owen continues to shower my neck with kisses.

"Talk later," Owen replies as he reaches over with a hand and shuts the lid of the laptop as it sits on the coffee table; effectively cutting the connection to my brother, "Zoe's busy." Owen smirks as his hands begin trailing under the jumper, trailing lightly across my toned stomach until they danced just under my breast- where my bra should have been.

Halting his movements, Owen goes to pull away but I quickly grab his large forearm in my dainty hand. Our eyes connecting whilst watching for the others reaction,
"You don't have to, we can wait," he softly says but I cut him off
"I want to," I breathe as I lean back up to capture his lips again, "I'm tired of being scared." I whisper as I guide the hand that's under the jumper to my breast.

Owen was soft, gentle, but passionate that night as we tangled between the sheets without anything holding us back.

For the first time- maybe ever- I felt free 
And loved.