Chapter Eight: No, Nomi Is Not Me

Raymond yawned. "This is starting to get boring."

"Really?" One of his friends asked. "I think it's starting to get more fun."

I spat blood on the floor. "Glad to be of service," I said sarcastically.

"Who said you can talk?" Raymond demanded. 

He looked at the two guys who were holding me on each arm. "Again."

They lifted me up from the floor, and slammed me against the wall. I grunted against the shock and went limp in their arms. Now standing, it was another one of the guys turn. He walked up to me and used me as a punching bag a couple of times. I took the punches one by one. Again and again. Each punch I took, I kept telling myself, one less punch to take, one less punch to take.

I didn't bother making a sarcastic comeback. I didn't bother to scream. I didn't even bother to beg. I deserved this. I deserved all of this. The three were in the custody of Principal Barnes. I let that happen. I should have warned them about her. I shouldn't have let Declan take the fall for me. I should had made a better excuse. Me, myself, and I deserves this.

School ended a while ago. As soon as my last period, gym ended, a couple of Raymond's friends grabbed me and pulled me away. I'm still in my P.E uniform, they didn't bother to let me change. They tossed me at the back of the school where Raymond and the rest of his friends were waiting for me. Everyone in school left already. So I didn't bother screaming. If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound? But in this case, if Naomi screams, will anyone care if they hear? No, no they will not.

"You see, this is getting boring," Raymond complained to the others. "She's doing nothing."

"I'm sorry, Raymond," I said, wearing a pout. "I'm sorry that my pain is not giving you the amusement you deserve."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," He muttered. "Sorry's not going to cut it."

"How about I hit her, 'till she coughs up blood." Another offered.

"I already did," I told him.

"'Till she cries?" Someone asked, cracking his knuckles.

"I already did." 

"Ooh, I got one," one of them said. "Until she cries blood."

They all looked at me, and I just made a small, pathetic shrug. "Never did that before."

Tired, the two guys who were holding me up dropped in on the ground. I groaned at the impact, my body cringing. I leaned against the wall, resting my head. I closed my eyes, trying to even out my breathing. My whole body felt numb, so numb. If anyone of them punched me. I'd either shatter into pieces or the blow won't effect me because my body feels so numb. I hope it was going to be the latter.

"Let me get a try," One of the guys said, walking up to me.

He lifted his arm and punched my face. I gritted my teeth at the pain. No way he was going to let off that easily. I couldn't hit him back, so I did the next best thing. I kicked him right in the groin. He went down groaning. The guy swore at me a couple of times. But my ears were still ringing from the punch, so I tuned the curses out. A few of his friends dragged him back to the ground. All of them were glaring at me, but only Raymond had a blank look on his face.

"No, no, no," Raymond said, shaking his head. "Not good enough."

"Picky, aren't you," I muttered under my breath.

"You haven't hit her once at all, Ray," one of them pointed out. 

"Yeah... is... something... the... matter?" Another asked, punching me with every word.