⟅Chapter 06⟆ Family Feud

NATALIE DAVIS
FEBRUARY 28, 1990

"YES! YES! YES! SO CLOSE!...." I yelled. "FUCK!" I said as threw the control down in defeat. Devante jumped up as he won the game, I rolled my eyes and folded my arms watching him dance around and tease me. I picked up the couch pillow and threw it at him. It hit him upside his head and he froze. He turned and glared at me. My eyes widen and I tried to get up but he pinned me down and started tickling me.

"De.....stop!" I said in between my loud laughs. He ignored me and continued to tickle me. I squirmed everywhere but I couldn't get out his tight grip. As he continued to tickle me a few tears left my eyes due to me laughing so hard. We were soon interrupted by someone clearing they're throat loudly. We both froze and I looked over meeting my father who had a half drunken 40. Devante got up and so did I, we stood there awkwardly as my father eyed us.

"I'm gonna go. Call me later Nat" Devante said and engulfed me into a hug before leaving. My dad eyed him as he walked out the house. When the door closed he looked over at me and took another swig of his drink.

"That's ya' little boyfriend?" He slurred. I rolled my eyes because he's always drinking whenever my mother isn't here.

"No and you need to quit drinking this" I said as I tried to grab the bottle but he moved his arm away.

"Shut up bitch!" He yelled and my eyes widened. I grabbed the bottle and went into the kitchen pouring it down the drain. I turned around and my father stood there glaring at me. I tried to leave but he kept blocking my way.

"Move!" I said but he didn't budge. I was about to push him but he backhanded me. My head flew to the other side and my mouth hung open. I was shocked but I was angry as well. The stinging sensation on my cheek brewed up my anger. I turned to him and my fist connected to his jaw. He groaned and grabbed his face. I then kicked him in his balls and walked away leaving him there in pain.
As I walked back into the living room my mom and my sisters walked into the house with groceries in there hands. I looked at them as tears clouded my eyes yearning to fall.

"Natalie what's wrong? And what happened to your face" My mom asked dropping her bags and analyzed my face.

"Jerry happened. He put his fucking hands on me!" I yelled which made her jump. I wiped the stray tears from eyes and look over at my two sisters who were both shocked.

"W-what do you mean?" She asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Ma with all due respect, you sound dumb as fuck right now. MY FATHER HIT ME!" I yelled again and her hand flew to the back of my head hitting me.

"Watch your mouth!" She growled. I bit my lip not wanting to say anything else.

"He hits you too?" She mumbled to herself thinking I didn't hear her.

"What you mean 'you too?' He hits you Ma?" I asked. She looked at me and the wells of her eyes started to fill up with tears. My eyes widened and I clenched my fist.

"Ki and Bri watch mommy real quick" I growled as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Get the fuck up!" I yelled as I pulled my father up from the floor by his collar. Once he stood up straight I punched him right in his jaw, then repeatedly gave blows to his face. He fell to the ground and I kicked him over and over against. Tears clouded my vision but that didn't stop me from hurting him. I was soon pulled away by a pair of soft hands. I looked at the person and it was my mother.