Chapter 13: Just Over the Horrizon

"My, my, how fast you're growing," Rose Quartz smiled as Y/n appeared

"Did I fall asleep?" Y/n frowned, "I can't be asleep, I've got a test tomorrow,"

"My little Y/n, relax," Rose Quartz said gently, "Let your body take a break,"

"Take a break," Y/n sighed, "Right, I should do that... How are you?"

"I am doing fine," Rose Quartz said as she reached out to Y/n, as she so often did, and began to gently pet their scalp, "I see you're stressed,"

"I guess, yeah," Y/n nodded as they ruffled their hair

"Well, today was exciting, was it not?" Rose Quartz smiled, "Again, you put yourself on the line and you did the right thing, saving the same people you tried to protect in the beginning. And with that, a new relationship has blossomed," Rose Quartz revealed a new rose, "With the human Sadie, correct?"

"Yeah, I guess so," Y/n nodded as Rose Quartz put the rose right next to the last one, right in there hair

"I am very proud of you, My little Y/n. You are maturing quickly," Rose Quartz smiled, "And for this new relationship, I would like to give you another reward,"

"There's really more to give?" Y/n asked

"Of course," Rose Quartz giggled softly as she held Y/n's hand, "With this new power, your aim will never waver, unless interfered, you will always hit your target,"

"Literally or metaphorically?" Y/n asked

"I'll let that part be a surprise," Rose Quartz laughed, "Now, would you like to drift off to sleep or wake up and resume your studies?"

"Wake up, please," Y/n said

"As you wish," Rose Quartz said as she closed her eyes and smiled

------

"Hmm?" Y/n lifted their head up with a weird sensation, their felt their hot cheek and looked down, realizing they fell asleep reading the Spanish Textbook, "Ugh, I'm gonna take a shower..." Y/n sighed as they stood up and stretched, checking their phone to see if there were any missed message. Seeing none, Y/n got ready for shower and then probably to bed.

------

"Hey, Y/n, you free after school?" Lars asked as the last bell rang, letting the kids out for their weekend break

"Nope, sorry. I've gotta head to the library and study," Y/n told

"Oh, right... Finals," Lars groaned, "I can't believe it's already the end of May, wasn't just yesterday like April 20th?"

"I wish," Y/n sighed, "But... Also I'm kind of glad a month has passed already... I think I've gotten used to Beach City now,"

"Well, that's good... I guess," Lars mumbled

"Wanna come to the library and study with me?" Y/n offered

"Nah, I don't study," Lars told, "I really couldn't care less at this point,"

"Alright, if you say so," Y/n said, "See you Monday... Or if I stop around the Big Donut for a snack,"

"See ya," Lars gave a two finger salute as Y/n left the school building and headed for the Public Library

Bing Bing Y/n's phone began buzzing

~~~~~

Steven: Hey! it's the weekend now! U coming over?