Hot Chocolate

Grey skies, cold winds, and big sweaters was definetly a sign of autumn in the city. The streets were bustling with honking cars and pedestrians, the wind picked up and caused me to shiver, gripping my scarf tighter. I inwardly cursed at myself for not driving to my apartment from Pidge's place or even let her drive me home when she had offered, but here I am, risking a cold or hypothermia.

The wind blew harder and made my tangled bird's nest, also known as my hair, fly into my face. I groaned and stuffed it all under my beanie, I crossed my arms as an attempt to warm myself. My nose and cheeks felt numb, I shivered and my teeth clattered, how was I going to survive this weather? I walked solemnly on the sidewalk, passing a few strangers who either walked in an opposite direction or in the same direction as me. My breathes came out in puffy white clouds, I rubbed my hands together and blew into them before crossing them again. Another wave of wind picked up, except this time, there was a small drizzle of rain. 'Great, just great. This is exactly what I needed...' I inwardly snapped, this is what I get for being ignorant.

I saw people step out of shops, walking down the sidewalks, and getting out of cars, pulling out their umbrellas or using their suitcases/purses to shield themselves from the rain. Me? I had nothing but my soon to be soaked beanie, I had forgotten my umbrella at Pidge's condo. "Fuck...me..." I cursed under my breath and continued forward, my laced knee high boots making the fallen leaves crunch beneath me.

I trudged on until something peculiar caught my eye, I stopped and looked. It was a small café, it had a very warm, homey vibe to it as the soft orange lights shined inside. I looked through the window panes and saw a little amount of people inside, sitting and enjoying a nice warm beverage on this cold day. I shrugged and began to make my way inside, I didn't have my purse with me and I only had a few cents in my pocket so I decided to wait out the storm instead of risking getting sick.

Upon stepping inside, I felt a blast of heat engulf my being, the smell of coffee filled my nostrils, I sighed and made my way to a table by the window. I took off my sweater, scarf, and beanie, letting my {H/L} hair our of its imprisonment. I wore a comfy creme colored turtle neck long sleeve, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and connected it to the wifi. After a while of scrolling and playing with my phone, it was almost drained of battery so I put it back in my pocket and looked out the window. The building tops weren't visible due to all the fog covering it, the rain seemed to fall down harder and I sighed. "I'm never going to make it home without getting sick..." I whispered to myself and I rested my head on the palm of my hand.

"Here's your hot chocolate ma'am..." a voice behind me caused me to jump slightly, I turned my head to the owner of the voice. A woman with white hair pulled up in a bun and beautiful dark skin, her small golden name tag read 'Allura' in black bold letters, stood there with a mug of hot chocolate, whipped cream and cinnamon rested on top. I raised a brow and cocked my head to the side confusingly, "I'm sorry, I didn't order anything, you might have the wrong order." I replied and the woman giggled. "I know you haven't ordered anything, so he did." She tilted her head as a sign of whoever got me the drink, I gazed behind her and saw a guy around my age, possibly older, he had long dark locks, piercing stormy violet eyes, his facial structure was very masculine, and he wore a black leather jacket despite it already being so warm in the building. He scrolled through his phone looking uninterested, his mouth was in a straight line and his jaw was set.

I was baffled, puzzled, and taken aback. Why would he buy me a drink? What if he's only being considerate to lure me into a kidnapping? I was now on edge as many thoughts and questions invaded my mind, the waitress giggled which snapped me out of my thoughts. "You seem very confused, if you want I could thank him for you." Allura set the cup down on the table, I shook my head softly. "It's okay, how much is this gonna be?" I asked and she giggled again. "He told me that the drink's on him, so don't worry about it." She smiled generously, I looked over at him one more time before smiling back. "Thankyou."

After Allura left me alone, I sat there staring down at the mug, the steam and faint smell of cinnamon tickling my nose. I stole glances at the mysterious person and then I would take a sip of my hot cocoa. After a while I started dozing off and staring out the window, the soft buzz of people conversing drowned out the music that played over the speakers. The storm seemed to get worse as the wind blew harder and the rain smacked onto the window, cascading down rapidly. I was so deep in thought I didn't notice somebody had sat in front of me...

Violet eyes

Dark hair

Black Jacket

I continued to stare out until someone clearing their throat brought me out of my trance. My eyes widened as I came face to face with the guy who paid for my drink. I began to mentally freak out, trying to figure out what he wanted from me. I fidgeted slightly, I awkwardly began to twiddle with the sleeve of my turtleneck sweater. "Is this seat taken?" He asked while he was already sitting down across from me, I raised a brow. "N-No..." I inwardly cursed at my stuttering, why was I so nervous?

He sighed and leaned back into the seat, I averted my gaze from the window, to him, and then to my half full mug. My hands began to feel clammy and I began to feel more intimidated as the minutes ticked by. After what seemed like forever he spoke up again, "So what brought you here?" He asked and I looked at him questioningly before answering. "I just came in to wait the storm out but it just seems to be getting worse." I answered honestly and he cracked a smile, I'd hate to admit how handsome he looked right about now. "I bet you're wondering about why I bought you a drink?" He read my mind which made me almost spit my drink out. I nodded slowly and he sat up, leaning his arm on the table. "I couldn't help but notice how cold you looked when you walked in, so I got you a hot chocolate to warm you right up." His eyes melded with mine, I blushed and looked down at the nearly empty mug.

"Thankyou...uh..."

"Keith..."

"__________..."

We greeted and we talked for what seemed like hours in that small café, Keith gave off a very bad boy vibe but he was really just a dork under that tough exterior, It was time for the café to close and the storm had simmered down. Keith and I stood outside other building, bidding our farewells and exchanging numbers. "Thanks for the hot chocolate." I smiled and he rubbed the back of his neck while smiling sheepishly. "It was nothing..." He replied and I held my scarf tight. I looked deep into his eyes and he looked into mine, we were lost in eachother's daze that haven't realized that our lips had collided. Our eyes fluttered closed and our lips moved in sync, his hands were wrapped around my waist and my arms found their way into his soft tufts of raven hair.

We pulled away, gasping slightly. A smile plastered on our faces and our foreheads rested on eachother.