Chapter 6

Kyle has a set bed time for me that from what he knows I follow every night. It is normally 9:45 when I need to start getting ready for bed and 10:00 is my "bed time" during school nights. During the weekends my bedtime is 11:30. Kyle believes it's important for me to get my sleep each night.

I notice a difference when I haven't had enough sleep I'm not quite sure if Kyle does. It seems like he knows just about everything about me no matter what. It's kind of obnoxious at times.

Anyways, Kyle and I talk on the phone every night unless we are with each other. Which tends to be more frequent then other times. However when we talk he tells me to get ready for bed at my set time which includes brushing my teeth showering if I need to and getting my pjs on. We say goodnight and I head "to bed".

What Kyle doesn't know is that as soon as Kyle and I say goodnight, I get on my phone and text and scroll through Instagram till about 1:45 every morning. I seem to turn into a bitch when I don't get enough sleep but c'mon do I really look like someone who follows the rules and goes to bed by ten? Of course not!

While on the phone with Kyle I was doing everything necessary for bed. "Alright baby are you ready for bed?" Kyle asked. "Yes I am I hope you sleep well I will see you bright and early for school tomorrow." "Okay sleep good I will see you in the morning goodnight. I love you." "Goodnight I love you too" we both mutually hung up. I laid in bed until I was officially tired and ready for bed and fell asleep.

The next morning Kyle called to let me know he was on his way over. I thought I still had a few more minutes to sleep a little bit more so I fell back asleep. A little while later kyle woke me up with a granola bar in hand. "Here you're eating this for breakfast you don't have much time to get ready. we're leaving in 8 minutes for school I suggest you get up and running now."

I don't understand why he didn't wake me up when he got to my house. He could've woken me up 45 minutes ago. I got ready really quick and put my hair in a quick pony tail. I got my makeup to start applying it when I heard kyle yell from downstairs "Sophia I'm leaving now let's go!" Well looks like no makeup for me. I ran downstairs which I got a disapproving look from Kyle for and grabbed my lunch bag and backpack. I walked out the door and got into the passenger side of the car.

Kyle seemed very tense today and I feel like me sleeping in isn't the reason. Kyle got into the car and the tense feelings started right up. "Sophia the reason I didn't want to wake you up earlier was because I wanted you to realize why I set the bed time for the time it is." I didn't respond and I just continued to look out the window. "I feel like you wouldn't be this tired if you went to sleep at the the time we agreed on." Oh boy he's either catching on or he's already caught on. "So tell me Sophia have you been going to bed by the time I set for you?" "Yes of course I have" What else am I suppose to say? I'm not throwing myself under the bus who knows maybe he'll just leave it. "Alright well looks like we're adding lying to the list of infractions." Shit. Kyle pulls out his phone and shows me my phone use and the time for each day I've stayed up past my bed time. He's got proof and everything there's no getting out of this. We pulled up to school and parked. Kyle turned to me and said "enjoy not having a sore bottom today at school please hand over your phone we will talk about this after school. Have a good day. I love you."

I went my way to class and Kyle went his separate ways. Tonight's going to suck.

Kyle and I drove home from school in complete silence. This alone is a punishment it's self. Kyle and I arrived to my house. I unlocked the door and sat on the couch. Kyle chose to sit next to me. "I hope you understand that I make these rules for you. Not for me. Don't you ever believe I'm making these rules to better myself. The reason your bedtime is a thing is because I know you need time in the morning to get ready and I also know when you don't have sleep you turn into quite the unpleasant character and if we can prevent that I will at all cost. I don't believe the bedtime is very unbearable. However you seem to think differently. For the last month whatever days I was not with you, you were up until some days 2:45 On a school night! This is 100% not acceptable and this behavior will not go unnoticed. For the next week you will get 25 night time spankings and your phone will be taken away until further notice. As for the lying right now you will get 30 with a hairbrush so go grab your brush please." I instantly whine. The hair brush is one of the worst things ever. I go upstairs to grab my brush and slowly make my way down the stairs. Once I reach the bottom I look over at Kyle who directs me over his legs. I hand him the brush and lay down. "Okay Sophia we are beginning. I hope you learn lying is not the way to run to in a situation."

"SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK "
I screamed and whined in pain.
"SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK"
"Okay baby you're all done. You did good. I did this because you know better than to lie. I love you."

We sat at the kitchen table and finished our homework together. My mom came home and got started on dinner. My mom knew about why I was in trouble because Kyle basically texted her a daily update on me. We ate dinner then continued with our homework. After a long waited night I was told to go and and get ready for bed and I finished I sat on the bed and waited for kyle to come upstairs.

"Okay babe let's get this over with for tonight so you can go to bed I know you're tired."

"SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK"

"Okay you're all done for tonight here let me lay with you till you fall asleep goodnight babe I love you."

Before I could even respond I was out fast asleep.