Chapter 19

A/N: I’m so sorry my lil’ cupcakes ;__; This chapter’s pretty long, so I hope it’ll make up for the late update…I’m so sorry if I ruined your Saturday ;A;

Chapter 19: Abstinence, Another match, and Awkward coincidences.

But really.

Does he remember me?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Xander’s POV

I spent the next two days taking care of my lil’ angel (And of course, thanks to the suppositories, he recovered in no time). 

Although by the third day, he was already back to working in the bakery.

“—Gretel can you get these into the oven? Oh, and Xander can you get Giselle to taste the cupcakes over there? Don’t forget to add the chocolate chips!” Chip sounded like a completely different person during peak hour.

I nodded quickly, propelling Giselle in the direction of the batter to let her taste it. After all, the new cupcake ‘Angel Chip’ was targeted at kids.

“Mm! Good!” Exclaimed my sister while she reached above the counter for more of the batter.

I snatched the tray out of her reach and slipped it into the oven quickly.

“Nope, no more.” I said firmly, plopping Giselle onto a small chair. “Tell Chocolate Chip when the cupcakes look yummy. Now they are all watery and ugly, so you know when to tell him right? You did it correctly just now—“

“I know I know I know!”

I pinched her cheeks for interrupting me, but ruffled her hair all the same. “Good girl.”

She beamed.

“Chip! Take the waffles into the bakery!” Rose called from a corner of the kitchen.

“B-But! I’m busy!” Chip protested, frantically piping the frosting of some red-coloured cupcakes.

“I’ll do it.” I volunteered, grabbing the tray of waffles and kicking the door open.

After almost a week at the Honeycutt’s I guess I got used to the buzz and rush of the bakery—especially with the massive amount of middle-aged women paying for bread and cupcakes for their children.

Sliding the tray into the bottom rack, I closed the display and retreated into the kitchen, leaving Coco by the crowded cashier.

I stole a glance at my angel.

His apron hugged his petite waist adorably, and he had Gretel’s hairband behind his fringe.

I had to resist the urge to embrace his adorable frame from behind.

Abstinence Xander. Abstinence. You can do this.   

My eyes wandered to the apron again.

Nope.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Since I was away from school for practically a week, there was loads to catch up with.