Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Peering through my semi-closed lashes I watched Wes take the empty bowl of soup away, although I swore not to eat anything he made I couldn't ignore my neglected belly's cries for food. Much to my shame I literally inhaled the soup once Wes was a safe distance away.

Confident that Wes wasn't around I opened my lids and stretched hearing my body cracking in response, I've been in bed all day and I feel like a caged animal. It doesn't help either that my feet are aching from the heels I wore yesterday but I didn't dare utter a word about my discomfort or ask for help. That would mean asking for him for assistance and I am not going down that path especially after our conversation earlier when he asked for a chance.

How can he ask me something so serious and expect an answer right away? This isn't a shirt that he can give back later when he no longer wants it, it's my heart. A part of me I'm terrified to leave vulnerable once again so I responded in by throwing the sheets over my head. A childish response I am aware of that but I needed time to weigh my options and determine if taking a chance on Wes would prove worth it or end with me broken again. I'm confused and speaking with Wes would add on that confusion.

Swinging my feet over the bed I lowered one foot, wincing as I touched the floor. It felt like hundreds of needles were bring pushed into my foot. Sucking in a deep breath I jumped off the bed hoping I'd adjust to the uncomfortable feeling but boy was I wrong. The stabbing sensation grew intense now that my full body weight was on them, gritting my teeth I tried taking a step but the hurt worse than standing. A soft whimper passed my lips as I fell backwards back on the bed regretting my foolish decision to try standing.

"What happened?" Wes asked as he barged into the room his eyes scanning the room for any danger

He fixes his gaze on my new position before he started forward, his shoulders losing some of the tension. My heart leapt in my chest as he sat on the bed eyeing my slightly red feet "How long have they been like this?"

"A w-while." I shrugged hoping it covered my small stutter

The corners of his mouth dipped into a frown, clearly displeased by my answer "Does it hurt?" he asked as he pulled my legs back over the bed

Gulping nervously I watched him set my feet on his lap as my imagination ran wild causing my common sense to take the backseat. I need a clear mind, stay focused!

"A little." I finally answered in a firm voice that neither trembled or broke

His large hands lifted one foot up as his long, tanned fingers started to rub the soft center of my foot and I melted. The gentle strokes of his fingers against the sore area had my body relaxing and a moan bubbling in my throat. That felt so good. Sinking my teeth into my bottom lip I barely contained the sounds of pleasure that threatened to explode out of me as his long fingers stroked up the pad of my big toe.

The mix of his calloused hands and soft, careful strokes were a match made in panty ripping heaven. Where did he learn to give massages like this?

"How does this feel?" he asked

"Gooood." I moaned unable to keep from stretching the o's

The smile tugging at his lips irked me but I was too wrapped up in the movement of his fingers to give a care.

"What did you do to them anyway?"

"Heels."

His smile widened at my one word answer and the sight took my breath away. It seems like forever since I've seen Wes smile -a genuine smile, not his infamous smirks. Now before me I have the pleasure of the dazzling, pearly smile that shows the other -kinder- side of Wes I didn't know till after this deal.