19 - The Vampire Realms of Alfea

• Dedicated to Everyone who supported me!

Vampire Mates
19: The Vampire Realms of Alfea

Rosemarie’s Point of View

Lily stayed silent.

Now, I know that she’s a great fan of the Twilight Saga, meaning that she believed in sparkly vampires and hot, muscular werewolves and such, but I don’t think she believed it to the extent where she would actually see a real live vampire.

And, just to top it off, to have a crush on one.

To say the truth, I have still not quite believed Demetri. Who knows; this might be a prank. I counted down the seconds until he would burst out laughing in my face and point out the hidden cameras.

“If Rose thinks that you are a vampire, I would too,” Lily confirmed. She seemed to be handling this issue better than I was – meaning no rambling or watching Demetri drink his blood just to prove to me that he indeed is a blood-sucking vampire. “She doesn’t even like Twilight and she hates how Edward sparkles and drinks blood. If she believes, the rest of the world might as well.”

Demetri smiled warmly beside Lily. Demetri smiling – oh god, he looked so cute – was something not seen very often. But around Lily, he seems to be happy-go-lucky and more chilled. But what he did next shocked me more.

He leaned down and kissed Lily, lingering for a second or two before lifting up his head. Lily looked as surprised as I did. Demetri kissed her again.

My heart panged watching the lovebirds together. No. I will not get jealous because of Lily’s – my best friend – relationship, especially when it was with a guy that I find cute.

Oh, Rose, get a grip.

As Lily and Demetri broke apart, a lazy grin was on the vampire’s face while the girl blushed as she smiled up at the guy. In love, you ask? Yes, definitely.

A silence washed over us as Demetri and Lily both stared into each other’s eyes.

“Hey, Demetri,” I asked, breaking the silence as I got the attention of the two lovebirds. “Do you sparkle?”

----

“What do you mean, go?” I asked, exasperated, as Lily zipped up her backpack. She dragged a luggage bag over and started folding her clothes.

“You know how I had always told you about those cliché and lovey-dovey werewolf mate thing, how they settle down for life and have that one perfect soul mate?” Lily asked.

“Yeah, I know; what about it?” I asked. Lily sighed and turned to face me.

“Vampires have the same, too. I am Demetri’s soul mate,” She said matter-of-factly. “And I need to go with him to his country or kingdom or whatever. You need to come with me.”

A feeling of jealousy burst in my stomach. She gets a soul mate; I die an Old Maid. How much worse can it be? I crossed my hands over my chest. “What about Dana?” I asked softly. Dana had been one of our closest friends. She would take this even harder, considering that she has a crush on Mr. I-am-a-vampire-and-I-have-a-gorgeous-soul-mate.

No. I am not jealous of Lily at all.

Okay, so maybe a little. But that’s irrelevant.

I added, “And what about Alex and Greyson and… and my new boyfriend Bryan; what’s going to happen to them, huh?”

Lily sighed, annoyed, and threw more clothes into her suitcase. “Sorry, sweetie for breaking it to you, but Demetri is my priority now, and I believe he cares for me more than he does to you, so if you don’t want to go, and want to be that brat you are and stay here because you have a boyfriend, then suit yourself. I don’t care, and I bet Demetri wouldn’t either.” She snapped.

My eyes widened in disbelieve, my jaw slacked open. Lily had never been so rude to me, and she would always see things in a positive light. And she would definitely care about Dana and I, as well as Alex and Greyson. I had never seen Lily like this.

Lily grunted suddenly. “My head,” she whined. “Rose, what happened? Why… I feel so bad… what did I say? It was like… Oh… I’m so sorry, Rose! I didn’t even realize I was saying all those things, and… there was a voice in my head…”

“It is okay, Lily.” I said. Cons of being one’s best friend for life; you forgive too easily. “I’ll just go pack my things. When are going?”

“Tonight,” Lily said as she glanced at the clock, “When Alex and Greyson are going out for a date and Dana is out to the club.”

“But Dana’s not going out tonight,” I furrowed my eyebrows.

Lily smiled, “Pros of a vampire: you get magic potions on sale. Demetri had just teleported himself to the magical realm to get a potion for them.”

“But that’s wrong,” I insisted.

“Yes,” Lily shrugged. “So is drinking blood and dating a vampire.”

----