Chapter 15 - Full Moon

AN: There is a private version of this chapter that is a little more graphic than this. I decided to rewrite a less graphic version for those of you who are having issues reading the private chapter.

The pounding of paws almost drowns out the sound of my pounding heart. Almost.

Colton and I are leading the pack on the run. Hundreds of wolves follow us, barking and howling at the moon. It should be a fun time for all, but all I can think of is what is going to happen once the full moon meets its peak.

When the full moon is at the center of the sky, it starts the beginning of a mating frenzy amongst the mated she-wolves. Our bodies will heat up, almost like we are on fire. Pain will rip through our bodies and can only be sated by a male wolf, usually our mate. We will be horny. Really, fucken horny. It will make us do stupid things. Like mate with men who aren't our mates. Or, in my case, mate with Colton.

Fucken heat. How could I be so stupid and forget such a huge detail? It explains everything I have been feeling today. That's why Colton came home so suddenly.

He knew.

The fucken asshole knew what tonight is and he didn't even warn me. He played me like a fucken fool.

Oh fuck, what am I going to do now?

"That's it. Have a good night, you have fifteen minutes to get to the safety of your homes." Colton sends through the pack's mind-link. He shoots me a look, silently telling me to follow him. We head towards the house. We shift once we get inside and slip on some clothes that are just inside the door.

"Go upstairs, Skylar," Colton demands. "I have something I need to take care of."

"What? Where are you going?" Panic starts to set in. I don't want him near me, but I also don't want to go through this alone.

"We have a rogue problem I need to deal with. You will be fine. I will be back in a little while." He states as he walks off.

All I can do is shake my head and do what he says. I head up the stairs to his room, closing the door behind me. I barely make it to his bed when I feel the first wave of pain coursed through my body. I fall down onto the bed and whimper. The scent of my arousal begins to fill the room.

Great, now every male wolf can smell us.

I don't understand why mate left us like this. Ailith whimpers.

I feel the fire begin to burn inside of me. It starts at my stomach and slowly spreads to the rest of my body. Sweat begins to pour from every inch of me. I quickly pull my hair into a ponytail in an attempt to keep it from sticking to me.  Another wave of pain rips through my body, this time causing me to let out a short scream.

"Fuck!" I curse loudly.

I get up from the bed and stumble to the bathroom. I start a very cold shower and hop inside. The cold water does nothing to help douse the fire. Instead, it leaves me feeling hotter.

"Fuck!" I yell again.

I jump out of the shower and quickly walk back to the bed, peeling off the wet clothes in the process. I hear a knock on the door before it opens. Beta Larson is there. His eyes begin to darken as he breathes in my arousal.

"Skylar." He growls as he looks over my naked body.

I feel myself walking towards him slowly. "Larson." I purr. He wraps his arms around my waist as my lips claim his. It isn't long before our tongues are twirling together in a heated dance of lust and desire. I rip his shirt off his body and pull his pants down, leaving him in just his boxers.